Hot prowl burglars busted, $70K in stolen property recovered

The men are suspected of breaking into homes during the evenings when victims were at home and stealing these items. (Photo courtesy LASD)

Detectives recovered thousands of dollars worth of stolen property. (Courtesy LASD)

LANCASTER – Undercover surveillance operations and teamwork helped local detectives capture the pair suspected of burglarizing several homes in Lancaster and Palmdale and then selling the stolen items to pawn shops around Southern California and Las Vegas, authorities said.

Michael Enstad, 35, of Lancaster and Gregory Daville,33, of Rosamond were arrested last week, and about $70,000 worth of stolen property was recovered, according to Sgt. Jill Deschamps of the Lancaster Sheriff Station.

The following is the press release from the Lancaster Sheriff Station:

For the second time this year a series of hot prowl burglaries occurred in the city of Lancaster, but this time the suspects also targeted residents in the city of Palmdale.

The burglaries are referred to as “hot prowls” because they occur during the evening hours when victims are at home. This time the suspects were so unabashed; they tunneled directly through the wall of one location so they wouldn’t set off the alarm system that monitored the doors and windows of the home.

The Lancaster Station Burglary Suppression Team joined forces with burglary detectives from Palmdale Station to bring this current hot prowl crime spree to an end.  The suspects were identified by Palmdale Station detectives.

The deputies worked together, adjusted their work schedules to conduct undercover surveillance operations, and follow several investigative leads.  It was discovered the suspects sold stolen items to pawn shops around Southern California and Las Vegas.

As a result of the team effort by Lancaster and Palmdale Sheriff’s Station personnel, two suspects were arrested.  Search warrants were served at each of the suspects’ homes.  An estimated $70,000 worth of stolen property was recovered.

Michael Enstad of Lancaster and Gregory Daville of Rosamond are both being held at Lancaster Sheriff’s Station on $150,000 bail.  The investigation is still ongoing.  The Burglary Suppression Team is requesting anyone with additional information to please contact them, (661) 940-3833.

13 comments for “Hot prowl burglars busted, $70K in stolen property recovered

1. George Smith
    October 16, 2013 at 12:40 am

Let one or two of the bastards come in my house, they will not leave alive. Shotgun by the bed!

2. Lancaster Daddy
    October 15, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Lancaster has had an increase of the same. Just two weeks ago a friend stayed the night. Woke up to her car doors open, clothes, jewelry and cash gone. A month before that they got a friends battery out if his truck!! Why a battery? Who knows. People who work hard for what they have and to have it taken by someone with no respect, morals or and regard to working for what you have. I’m sure that what we all have is not much, but it’s alot to us!!!! Good job guys!!!! Sure hope some of my friends were in on the bust. :)

3. El charro
    October 15, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Look up Mike Enstad on Facebook. I know it’s him because under friends you will see Greg Daville. Bunch of scumbags that have to steel from the people that work hard for what they have. Unfortunately they will be released sooner than later and will be out it again. At least we can see a picture of them both on FB to recognize them when they do get out.

4. Good job
    October 15, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Good job deputies!!!!!

5. Palmdale_Steve
    October 15, 2013 at 4:48 pm

What part of town where they caught in, or did they get caught not in the act ?

6. Take the AV back!!
    October 15, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Tunneled directly through the wall!?!? Whaaaaat?? I’d love for that to be explained a little better!!

7. justwondering
    October 15, 2013 at 8:00 am

I have a question!!
    The article says they tunneled directly through the wall…These people were at home when they did this, so HOW did they not hear them “TUNNELING”??? It was in the evening so they were not asleep!! Was the TV, music so loud they couldn’t hear? I’m pretty sure I’d hear that not to mention my dog would be barking up a storm.

8. Kayleigh
    October 15, 2013 at 7:03 am

I had a break in last month. I wonder if these are the guys that broke into my house. I don’t see any of my stuff though.

9. A richards
    October 14, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I am 95% sure that one of them I know of from years ago and he is a white guy with dark brown hair….. The name and age is right and it is not that common of a name….. What did the people look like that you saw??

• Aa
      October 15, 2013 at 9:54 am

The people I saw were white. An average sized guy with dark hair.

10. dumbandblind
    October 14, 2013 at 10:13 pm

GREAT JOB LASD! GREAT JOB. We all appreciate your effort successful or not. Thank you so much for doing the best you can. Please post pictures of the captured suspects so we all know who to look for.

11. Aa
    October 14, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I wonder what they look like. A couple months back there was a trio prowling the neighborhood we moved into. The ages seem around the ages of the ones that tried to enter our home while I was home in the afternoon. They were with a female too though.

12. cw
    October 14, 2013 at 7:52 pm

scary! people are getting bolder and bolder..will do anything to make money, super scary that they will even try and burglarize you while you are at home!