New Palmdale employer hiring 150+

NowHiringPALMDALE – A large new employer coming to Palmdale is seeking to fill more than 150 positions for Master Scheduler, Production Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineers, and Mechanical and Electrical Quality Control Inspectors & Technicians.

Interested applicants should bring their resume to the South Valley WorkSource Center (SVWSC), located at 38510 Sierra Highway in Palmdale, on August 27 at 2 p.m. or August 29 at 10 a.m., or email either or

The ideal candidates must have a clean background and possess a valid Passport, as training will be outside of the country. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.

For more information, contact Carole Evans at 661-265-7421 or Kari Blackburn at 661-267-5125.

The South Valley WorkSource Center (SVWSC) brings job seekers and employers together for no-cost placement and recruitment services and offers a host of vital workforce development programs and services to the community.

Job seekers receive career counseling, assistance securing interviews and employment opportunities, and access to workshops, skills training, computers and job search tools. Businesses receive specialized screening and recruitment services. The center functions to reduce unemployment and positively impact the community through the power of work.

The no-cost services offered at the SVWSC are provided through the Federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and the City of Palmdale. The WIA provides the framework for a national workforce preparation and employment system. Programs authorized by WIA are provided at the local level to individuals in need of those services, including job seekers, dislocated workers, youth, incumbent workers, veterans, new entrants to the workforce, persons with disabilities and employers.

The City of Palmdale has contracted with Goodwill Southern California (GSC) as the operating agency for the South Valley WorkSource Center.

(Information via press release from the City of Palmdale.)

18 comments for “New Palmdale employer hiring 150+

August 29, 2013 at 1:20 pm

2. Lancaster Citizen
    August 27, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Lets make espionage easier for our competition. A rail company is a great opportunity for new jobs and taxes in the AV, but I question the location. I find it odd, that Plant 42 would consider leasing out buildings to foreigners, near some of the top flight test and aerospace companies in the world.

• Wake Up Lancaster
      August 27, 2013 at 9:17 pm

WAKE UP LANCASTER! At least the Japanese are demilitarized. Rexie is courting the Commies in China. Commies who have been caught stealing our intel. Now word is he’s cutting a deal with AV Hospital to bring in Chinese families to have babies here. Makes US citizens for the price of hospital admissions. In houses that rumor has it the city bought. Rexie is selling us out and we just sit back and watch. WAKE UP LANCASTER!.

• Cold ham sandwich
        August 28, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I lost you at, “In houses that rumor has it the city bought”. LMFAO.

• Wake Up Lancaster
          August 28, 2013 at 9:04 pm

WAKE UP LANCASTER! Cold ham sandwich – who bought the houses has not been confirmed but the Chinese baby deal is on the table. Rexie is selling citizenship and hospital beds at our expense. A deal with China to get BYD? Or does Rexie hate Plant 42 and is trying to drive the military out? This is going to be interesting. WAKE UP LANCASTER!

August 28, 2013 at 10:00 pm

wake up America.

• paul
        August 29, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I picture this guy screaming, while I read this, adding EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!. lol relax and enjoy the show.

3. Johnny Trece
    August 27, 2013 at 4:41 pm

And why is a clean background record required?

August 28, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Johnny,surely you jest.

4. Jay
    August 27, 2013 at 12:21 am

Still has done more for the AV in a year than Knight in than night has in almost a decade.

5. Brian
    August 26, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Yeah this is very suspicious. Training OUTSIDE the US? What’s up with that? AV’s Worksource Centers and the EDD are never very reliable.

6. really
    August 26, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Anybody else think its odd that the company hiring isnt mentioned? Training outside the country… no mention of the business applicants would be working for…odd

• VillageGirl
      August 26, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I’m not sure if the AV times wrote articles on the Japanese company (sorry can’t remember their name) that has a nearly $900 million dollar contract to build light rail cars. The AV press ran a couple of articles on it not long ago. It’s a pretty big coup for Palmdale to be able to attract a business of that caliber to their City, their economic development department attracted and help broker a deal with LA Airports to use one of the empty hangers on Site 9 and from what I understand, it will be paying a living wage! I have no idea why the company isn’t mentioned in the above article, I suppose someone could call and ask, but I don’t really think it’s due to anything weird or suspicious about the jobs being offered. The new company was announced and covered in the local media, now they are hiring. I’m assuming that may be why some of the positions will train out of the country, which I think is an awesome opportunity. I don’t think it’s any type of a situation to try and defraud or mess with people, the company will most likely pay travel and daily per diem as most do in situations such as this. A friend of mine has applied and already has an interview. I can only hope they are successful so they will continue to maintain the company locally.

• Renate
      August 27, 2013 at 12:08 am

yes….and no explanation of needed experience, qualifications?

• VillageGirl
        August 27, 2013 at 10:00 pm

The way I understand it is this is simply a press release to announce the hiring. It’s not a “job announcement” or an ad to identify all the positions or requirements, you need to contact the identified people to ask questions.

• really
          August 27, 2013 at 11:39 pm

I am not trying to say anything bad about a company hiring. Its more of a statement about the author than anything else. Why would you include that you must have a passport for training outside the U.S., but not bother to tell people who they would be working for. If it is a press release than why didnt the author follow up? I would think a company doing that kind of hiring would be newsworthy. As it stands now it seems like its just free advertising for AV worksource.

• VillageGirl
            August 28, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood. I too, think it is odd that the name isn’t included.

7. Chris Myers
    August 26, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I recently sent you guys my resume …I have a valid passport and available to work thank you