PALMDALE – Deputies arrested one person for driving under the influence during a DUI checkpoint Saturday night (June 29) in the east bound lanes of Rancho Vista Boulevard, between Country Club Drive and Division Street in Palmdale.
The Palmdale DUI checkpoint was conducted between 6:30 p.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. Sunday.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1,956 vehicles driven through the checkpoint.
* 1,923 vehicles screened.
* Four vehicles impounded.
* Three vehicles stored.
* Four DUI tests performed.
* One DUI arrest.
* One narcotics arrest.
* Four suspended license violations.
* 10 unlicensed driver violations.
* Five other violations.
* Nine unlicensed drivers’ vehicles released.
Funding for the checkpoint was provided to Palmdale Sheriff’s Station by a grant from the State of California’s Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) thru the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency.