LANCASTER – Deputies from Lancaster Sheriff’s Station arrested one person for driving under the influence of alcohol during a DUI checkpoint Friday night (June 28).
The checkpoint location was westbound Avenue I at 3rd Street East, and was conducted between 6 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 595 vehicles driven through the checkpoint.
* 544 drivers screened while in their vehicles.
* 51 drivers waived through because of traffic congestion.
* 23 citations/arrests for suspended, revoked, or no driver’s license.
* Five citations issued for miscellaneous traffic violations in and around the checkpoint.
* Seven drivers required to perform field sobriety tests.
* One arrest for DUI and associated B.A. (Alcohol)
* Two arrests for misdemeanor warrants.
* Nine vehicles stored or impounded.
Funding for the checkpoint was provided to Lancaster Station by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.