BREAKING NEWS: Woman dead after vicious dog mauling

Breaking news Pitbill maulingLITTLEROCK – Homicide detectives are currently at 115th Street East and Avenue S investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a woman.

A Hispanic female in her 60s was out for a morning walk around 9:30 a.m. when she was mauled by dogs, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Officer. She suffered severe injuries and died. The woman’s name has not been released pending next of kin notification.

A Palmdale Station alert issued early this afternoon warned residents of an “active search for vicious pit bulls” in the area of 115th Street East and Avenue S, and urged anyone who saw the dogs to call 9-1-1.

Our sources tell us at least one driver witnessed the attack and tried to intervene, but then the dogs began attacking the witness’ car.

This information is preliminary and has not been confirmed by homicide detectives. We will have more details on this story as soon as they become available.

“At approximately 9:30 AM this morning, The County of Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control (DACC) responded to a call regarding a fatal Pit Bull attack. The victim was jogging on Avenue S, between 110th Street East and 113th Street East, when four Pit Bulls attacked her. The woman was transported to the hospital via ambulance and passed away en-route.

At this time, DACC is working with the LA County Sheriff’s Department to locate the dogs and is still investigating the incident.  We will have additional details as they become available.”

According to a press release issued just moments ago by County Supervisor Michael Antonovich:

“Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich has directed county departments to continue air and ground search for the 4 vicious pit bulls wanted in the death of a female jogger in Littlerock and offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the 4 killer pit bulls.

The attack occurred around 9:00 a.m. this morning near Avenue S, between 110th Street East and 113th Street East. Area residents are encouraged to stay indoors and call 911 if they see any loose pit bulls in the area.

Parents walking their children to and from local area schools are warned to take extra precautions and call 911 if they spot the pit bulls.”

17 comments for “BREAKING NEWS: Woman dead after vicious dog mauling

1. May 10, 2013 at 12:33 pm

This has nothing to do with civil rights. I has to do with safety! Plain and simple.

• May 10, 2013 at 12:34 pm

It has to do with safety of all people. The dog owner is totally responsible no matter what breed the dog’s are, they murdered a woman…

2. Josh
    May 9, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Where are the Mountain Lions when you need them? A couple of them would take care of the “pit bull problem” really quick!

3. Dee
    May 9, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I hope these dogs are found soon.. As a ”resident” of Littlerock, I’m alerting all my neighbors and friends here, as well as Lake Los Angeles.. Over the past few years, I’ve had dogs show up on my porch, and none of them have collars or any identification..and when Animal Control gets them, there’s no ”microchip” either … I feel that with the economy being as it is, many people are DUMPING their dogs in the Desert, instead of taking them to the Shelter.

My heart goes out to the woman who died needlessly… May she R.I.P.

4. Nomorepitbulls
    May 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Time to rid the earth or all pit bulls. This is ridiculous. It’s happening more and more.

• Quigley
      May 9, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Time to rid the earth of ALL the ignorant, dumb ass, irresponsible pet owners!

May 9, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Right,off to jail with them.This has got to have a bigger priority than it does.

• Pit Bull owner
      May 10, 2013 at 11:19 am

Your a dumb a$$! Its the irresponsible owners not the dog’s. It is all in how they are raised. I have 3 and they are3 the most loving dogs ever. Get a clue before you start running your mouth.

May 10, 2013 at 11:30 am

How do you have 3, thought the limit was 2 dogs per household in palmdale.

5. Johnny Trece
    May 9, 2013 at 6:52 pm

On a serious note: The east side of Littlerock is known for packs of roaming dogs. I have even seen roaming packs of cows, undercover cadets, and tweekers out here, and I’ve been chased on foot by three of the four that I have mentioned. Geeeeez!

6. Johnny Trece
    May 9, 2013 at 6:42 pm

7. Johnny Trece
    May 9, 2013 at 6:38 pm

As a nearby resident, here in Littlerock, I’m so tempted to find those pit bulls myself. Unfortunately, the sudden rain storm crushed those hopes I had of getting those $25,000 in my pocket. Damn damn rain, go away!

8. snlov
    May 9, 2013 at 5:25 pm

This is so horrible!!! who know if it was pit bulls breed, but there are many large dog breeds that are known to cause such harm to ppl more often than not. Which ever breed they are they need to found and off the st. they are Extremely dangers….

9. Letlow
    May 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm

This is absolutely horrible!!! My condolences to this poor woman’s family. I still can’t help but wonder if the dogs were actually pit bulls are if people are just quick to label them as such.

• dumbandblind
      May 9, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Could be Chihuahuas but then again what breed are known to maul humans more often than not.

• Lori
      May 9, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I concur I have now owned 4 pit bulls myself and all of them have been extremely docile. I am so sorry for the loss of this woman’s life and how painful it just have been and my heart goes out to her family during this tragedy. But can we all take as deep breath here and think for a moment. The pit bull breed, and the boxer breed look very much alike. Furthermore there are just as many ”vicious” German Shepherd’s or Rottweiler’s. Let’s not always blame a single bred. After all is that not similar to racism in the human race?

• KE
        May 9, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Geez, now is not the time to ‘plug-in’ your civil rights argument. Although I actually agree that pit bulls are too often ‘singled-out’, and I own two myself..that being said, people should realize that a family just lost a loved one. Period. Save your ‘pit bull activist’ comment for another day.