LANCASTER – Deputies from Lancaster Sheriff’s Station conducted a Sobriety and Driver’s License Checkpoint between 6 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
The checkpoint location was eastbound Avenue K at Elm Avenue.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1,230 vehicles were driven through the checkpoint.
- 85 drivers were waived through because of traffic congestion.
- 1,145 drivers were screened while in their vehicles.
- 20 citations/arrests for suspended, revoked, or no driver’s license.
- 18 citations issued for miscellaneous traffic violations in and around the checkpoint.
- Nine drivers were required to perform field sobriety tests.
- Two were arrested for DUI (alcohol)
- Two were arrested for allowing an unlicensed driver to drive.
- Three were arrested for misdemeanor warrants.
- 13 vehicles were stored or impounded.
Funding for the checkpoint was provided to Lancaster Station by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
There was also a DUI Checkpoint in Palmdale during the same time period. View results from the Palmdale DUI Checkpoint here.