PALMDALE – The Palmdale Sheriff’s Station conducted a DUI Checkpoint between 6:30 p.m. Friday and 1 a.m. Saturday. The operation was conducted in the west bound lanes of Palmdale Boulevard (State Route 138), between 3rd Street East and 5th Street East.
The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
- 1,380 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
- 1,380 vehicles were screened.
- Eight vehicles were impounded.
- Three vehicles were stored.
- Six DUI tests were performed.
- Three drivers were arrested for DUI.
- One person was arrested on a warrant arrest.
Other violations included:
- Four suspended license violations.
- 14 unlicensed driver violations.
- Four other violations.
- 11 unlicensed drivers’ vehicles released.
The checkpoint was funded by a grant from the State of California’s Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) thru the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency.
There was also a DUI Checkpoint in Lancaster during the same time period. View results from the Lancaster DUI Checkpoint here.