Illegal pot shop shut down, 3 arrested

Deputies discovered several pounds of marijuana and evidence that the marijuana was being sold illegally.

Deputies discovered several pounds of marijuana and evidence that it was being sold illegally.

LANCASTER – Three men were behind bars Friday, after authorities dropped in on a suspected illegal marijuana dispensary in Lancaster.

Arsen Manson, 53, of Littlerock; Sighrus Gann, 24, of Lancaster; and Jason Orta, 26, of Lancaster were arrested for conspiracy to sell marijuana, possession of marijuana for sales and sales of marijuana.

The bust happened around 10 a.m., Thursday in the 45600 block of Sierra Highway, according to deputy Miguel T. Ruiz of the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station.

After several weeks of investigation, Lancaster Station’s LAN-CAP Team executed a search warrant at the location, Ruiz said.

The bust happened in the 45600 block Sierra Highway in Lancaster.

The bust happened in the 45600 block Sierra Highway in Lancaster.

During the search, deputies discovered several pounds of marijuana and evidence that the marijuana was being sold illegally, Ruiz said.

Manson, Gann and Orta were all arrested at the location on Thursday and booked at Lancaster Sheriff’s Station. Manson is being held on $150,000 bail, while Gann and Orta are being held on $30,000 bail, according to inmate records.

The men are due in court on Monday to answer charges.

22 comments for “Illegal pot shop shut down, 3 arrested

1. Gladys
    May 16, 2013 at 12:19 am

Bob, I find it hilarious that you would bypass all the other comments and respond to the simple truth (as I see it) and the very few statements that I made regarding people getting high. You are choosing to not remember that I also have the freedom to say what I think, as you do. I NEVER SAID POT WAS A NARCOTIC. Whose a$$ did you pull that out of.
    Pot doctors give pot to anyone who asks for it. Fact is, many people can’t handle getting high. Weed on the market these days is much different than it used to be. I for one, don’t really give a crap what other grownups do, I do think it’s sad that kids are walking around high on weed, spice, meth and heroin when they should be at school. I suppose you think that’s okay, huh?

• Gladys
      May 16, 2013 at 12:22 am

oh yeah, I forgot Bob…get a life.

2. Medical Patient#420
    March 18, 2013 at 11:23 am

Why dosent the sherrif bust all the MMJ places in the AV. Expecially the ones charging a $50 donation. Those are the MMJ dispensaries that are paying out anual donations to the sherrifs department. Little mom and pop shops like this cant afford to donate to the sherrif because they are compasionate people helping the patients. This guy MANSON gave more than he receive.At $8 gram. Their is no profit in this. I rememver the sherriff came by a few times actting like he was a buddy and looking out for Arment but in the end the sherrif just used him as an ez bust to help them selves and even the community news channel to get better ratings. Its all an “echo system of legal+media abuse” they are all connected . The reason they had no lic. was because the City revoked it the night before the cops had the seach warrant and since all dispensarys are technically illegal. No license will allow them to FEDERALY distribute MMJ.

FREE ARMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SJGranai
    March 17, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Isn’t there a rumor Rex’s kid supposedly just opened a pot shop? This is eliminating competition. Like shutting down Bamboo to boost Bex business

4. March 16, 2013 at 11:26 pm

The article should have stated that the dispensary is legal, but the Federal and State laws regarding cannabis do not jive, What proof was discovered? Face it marijuana users, pot is supposed to be bought from some thug and not in a store.
    Mixed up laws should be fixed now.

• frank rizzo
      March 17, 2013 at 4:31 pm

You dont have to buy it from a thug if you are connected.

5. dumbandblind
    March 16, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Please name all the “Legal” marijuana dispensaries in Lancaster and Palmdale.

• Yo Mama
      March 18, 2013 at 3:25 pm

The only one I know of in both cities is Ave I & 70th West. Good stuff, too. Not as far as Rosamond for a cat like myself. I love it…

6. SpareThePropaganda
    March 16, 2013 at 1:12 pm

They needed weeks of investigation to determine if they were selling pot? They had a sign out front. What was the crime, exactly? Were they caught selling to people without medical recommendations?

7. @@@
    March 16, 2013 at 11:28 am

What happened? Rex didn’t get his cut?

8. Allan
    March 16, 2013 at 2:39 am

I agree, marijuana isn’t an issue in the AV. Shouldn’t take several weeks to resolve this.Real crime is happing in the parking lots of walmats in Palmdale and Lancaster. Igot jumped in front of winco in Lancaster after purchasing a 12 pack of beer and called the cops and 911 dispatch told me that this wasn’t really a top priority and should have a patrol car there within the hour.

• frank rizzo
      March 17, 2013 at 4:34 pm

thats why you need the carry a weapon, or you will continue to be a victim. The cops are only here to respond after a crime happens.

9. [removed]
    March 15, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Shameful with all the real crime in the AV you doofs are wasting our money on this non crime.Nobody cares about weed anymore guys,WAKE UP.Several week investigation ARE YOU KIDDING? What we really want is to go to work without being murdered or shop at walmart without getting our ssa kicked in the parking lot. WE ARE BEGGING YOU COPS PROTECT US FROM REAL CRIMINALS,NOT WEED WE DONT CARE ABOUT MARIJUANA.

• CF
      March 16, 2013 at 12:03 am

You’re wrong, I care. Good work Lancaster Deputies

• G
        March 17, 2013 at 3:00 pm

good job taking medicine away from our elderly, cancer, aids…etc patients.

• frank rizzo
          March 17, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Pot is not a legit medicine. Are you serious? No legitimate doctor prescribes POT. IF your gonna do drugs dont waste your money on a prescription, just do your drugs. The police are not here to protect you, they are here to respond after a crime has happened and write a report.

• Gladys
          March 19, 2013 at 11:34 am

Are you kidding me? I wouldn’t have a problem supporting Medical Marijuana, if there was a crack down or quack down on the doctors or whoever is passing out the medical cards.

Medical marijuana is being handed out to people with monthly cramps and hangnails, ADD, ADHD, to name a few. Could be the reason their kids has ADD or ADHD symptoms, HE IS HIGH.

I have a problem with parents who LET their kids skip school and smoke weed all day. Some parents are either not home for days, or MOM is in denial about all the kids that show up during school hours and she not only does NOTHING about it, she feeds them.

• March 19, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Gladys, I wouldn’t have a problem either. Agree re: the crack down. Sickening to see “buy a medical card for just $50”. However, and this is just my opinion, I’ve always felt that for MEDICAL purposes, filling prescriptions should have always been from a reputable pharmacy or hospital. Or am I in denial?

• bob
            May 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm

cannabis (the name used for 7,000 yrs as MEDICINE ) does in fact help cramps.
            As for ADD or ADHD, would rather try cannabis, side effects, laughter, euphoria, & happiness, OR… adderall, also known as speed or amphetamine,
            side affects, addiction & death.
            Cannabis is neither dangerous nor addictive, yes its habit forming but so is Starbucks & Mcdonalds or gambling.
            75 yrs of prohibition, more pot now, more pot smokers now, lot & lots of your tax dollars spent for no result except for more prisons built for more arrests for that dangerous collage kid who WISLEY chooses cannabis over alcohol.
            I used pharmaceuticals prescribed by my Drs. for years for chronic back pain from degen disc & comp vert, side effects were so bad after awhile that they were worse than original pain. My pain mang Dr. off the record (Kaiser DR) asked if I had tried cannabis, “not since high school, she suggested I try, It worked.
            As for people who use it recreationally….. WHY DO YOU CARE ?

Do some research on the subject, you’ll be surprised, I was……..

By the way, it’s a plant not a narcotic…

I can’t understand why someone would have a problem that another person uses a plant to feel better?

Cause of death (Data from 2009 unless otherwise noted)1 Number