LANCASTER – The BLVD Association has announced the five finalist couples in the “Wedding on The BLVD” contest.
The winning couple will receive a comprehensive package for a wedding on Lancaster Boulevard for up to 50 guests, free of charge, with each item donated by the various merchant members of the Association. Finalists were selected from among dozens of couples who entered the contest at the Antelope Valley Fair’s Bridal Show on Jan. 13.
“We had an incredible group of couples enter the contest,” said Erica Allbee, owner of All About Fitness and Chairwoman of the Wedding on The BLVD Committee. “They had such moving and beautiful love stories, each uniquely their own. The judging was difficult, but we believe we have an excellent field of finalists for our VIP judging panel to choose from.”
All finalist couples are presently engaged and residents of the Antelope Valley. They are (alphabetically by groom-to-be last name):
- Laura Martinez and Juan Calderon
- Olivia Burgess and Connor Grey
- Justine Thompson and Victor Hooper
- Sharon Bowers and Andrew Hoskins
- Brandy English and Doran Hutchinson
The winning couple will be selected by a VIP judging panel with representatives from various local media outlets. The winners will be unveiled to the public on Valentine’s Day.
“I’d like to congratulate each of these wonderful couples for advancing to this stage of the contest,” said Jill Cooper, BLVD Association President and Vice President of Antelope Valley Bank. “The BLVD Association would love to be a part of any of their weddings. We look forward to working with the winning couple to make their wedding dreams come true.”
Once the couple is announced, participating downtown merchants will begin working with the couple to choose three choices for each aspect of their wedding – for example, three bridal gowns; three styles of invitations; etc. The public will then have the opportunity to vote online to make the final selection for each item that will be included in the wedding. The winning couple will be married on the Bandstand Stage at 706 W. Lancaster BLVD on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
The couple will receive the following at no cost:
- Bridal shower for up to 12 guests at MollyKate’s Gifts and Tea Room
- Bachelor party at Kinetic Brewing Company
- Bridal gown from Bella Bridal
- Bridesmaids’ dresses from Vintage Styles Now.
- Bridal gown alterations and preservation by George’s Cleaners
- Invitations from Bohn’s Printing
- Six-month membership to All About Fitness
- Salon services from Jon Dave Salon, Panache, or The Face & Body Place
- Ceremony on the Bandstand Stage in front of BeX
- Reception at RoShamBo Lounge
- Catering for up to 50 guests by Giannini’s Bistro & Grill
- Wedding cake by Rae’s Cup+Cake Bakeshop
- Centerpieces by Lamplighter Candles
- Engagement and wedding photography by award-winning Sutton Photography
- Wedding photo framing by Graphic Experience
- Entertainment by Renaissance Art Center
- Honeymoon for seven days and six nights at a Ventura beach house, donated by Bella West Spa & Salon
- And more!
For more information regarding The BLVD, visit www.theblvdlancaster.com.
Related article: Enter to win a “Wedding on The BLVD.”