LANCASTER – On Friday (Jan. 25), deputies from Lancaster Sheriff’s Station were scheduled to conduct a Sobriety and Driver’s License Checkpoint in the city of Lancaster.
Due to the rain, the DUI Checkpoint was changed to a DUI Saturation Patrol. The results of the Saturation Patrol are as follows:
* 83 vehicles stopped
* 10 citations/arrests for suspended, revoked, or no driver’s license
* 10 vehicles stored or impounded
* 48 citations issued for miscellaneous traffic violations
* Five drivers required to perform field sobriety tests
* One arrest for DUI and associated B.A. (Alcohol)
* No arrests for DUI (Drugs)
* Five arrests for Misdemeanor Warrants
Funding for the operation was provided to Lancaster Station by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.