LANCASTER – Deputies from Lancaster Sheriff’s Station conducted a sobriety and driver’s license checkpoint in Lancaster on Saturday (Dec. 15), from 6 pm to 2 am. The checkpoint location was eastbound Avenue J at 8th Street East. The results of the checkpoint are as follows:
* 1040 vehicles traveled through the checkpoint.
* 939 drivers screened while in their vehicles.
* 101 drivers waived through because of traffic congestion.
* 30 citations/arrests for suspended, revoked, or no driver’s license.
* 12 citations issued for miscellaneous traffic violations in and around the checkpoint.
* Eight drivers required to perform field sobriety tests.
* One arrest for DUI (alcohol)
* Three arrests for allowing unlicensed driver to drive.
* Two arrests for misdemeanor warrants.
* Two arrests for not having an Ignition Interlock Device in the vehicle.
* 15 vehicles stored or impounded.
Funding for this checkpoint is provided to Lancaster Station by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.