UPDATED: Body found Friday near Aqueduct ID’d as Steven Level

(Photo by LUIS MEZA)

LANCASTER – Homicides detectives are investigating the death of a man found Friday morning near 110th Street West and the Aqueduct in the Lancaster area.

The call came into the Lancaster Station around 9:15 a.m., according to Lancaster Station deputy Miguel T. Ruiz. The body was found in a brush area in the mountains near the Aqueduct, said deputies at the scene.

Los Angeles County Coroner officials said the body is that of a Caucasian man is his 30s, but had no further identifying information Friday afternoon.

Detectives are still investigating the circumstances that may have led to the man’s death, and will not be releasing further details until a preliminary investigation is completed, officials said.

Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.

UPDATED 12/8/12 at 10 a.m.

Steven Level

The body has been officially identified as 23-year-old Steven Level of Lancaster, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Officer. No other details regarding the incident were being released Saturday morning (Dec. 8), officials said.

Level had gone missing recently, and family members and loved ones had planned a search party for him to take place today (Dec. 8).

This message, along with a recent picture of Level was circulating around facebook this week.

“To all my friends with dirt bikes and off-road vehicles, a family friend of mine, Stevel Level is missing. Last seen Sunday at Ave J and 110th West. Family is conducting a search party at this location Saturday [Dec. 8] at 8 am. If you can help, please contact …,” reads the facebook message.

When The AV Times posted this story on facebook Friday (Dec. 7), some of Level’s friends said they had talked to his family and found out that the body was Steven Level. Many began expressing their grief.

“RIP Steven, my best friend and brother, forever in my heart, I’ll love you always!!” reads one post.

“He was always the first person to help me w[ith] my car. Always asking me how I am.. He was always smilin[g] and so full of life,” reads another post.

The Coroner’s Office is still investigating and will have more information on Level’s cause of death, once an autopsy is completed, officials said.

17 comments for “UPDATED: Body found Friday near Aqueduct ID’d as Steven Level

1. Ashley
    February 16, 2013 at 12:09 am

Did the find out his cause of death? I was so sad to hear about this! Steven was an
    old friend of mine :(

2. bird
    December 10, 2012 at 8:59 am

im sorry that i didnt have the right words my friend. i hope you found peace finally.
    im going to miss you bud.

December 10, 2012 at 9:28 am

My condolences to all of his friends and family.Please may I recommend this website for all of you.Having been where you are now this was instrumental in my recovery.

• bird
        December 10, 2012 at 10:43 am

i appreciate the link. i spoke with him right before he went missing and wish i could have seen this coming…my prayers go to everyone who knew steve.

December 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Please google “suicidal trance “, it will explain a common behavior of people contemplating ending their lives.Also “waking up alive “a book devoted to this, interviews with people who failed their attempts.There was nothing you could have done, it was beyond your control.

• ML
      December 10, 2012 at 11:54 am

Does anyone know what was going on in his life?

god bless

3. Tara Whitman
    December 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Steven I miss you deeply! I can’t believe your gone…..I’m so Sorry bud I love you! Forever in my heart!

4. dumbandblind
    December 8, 2012 at 9:21 am

Why do people here always spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives?

• Yo Mama
      December 9, 2012 at 6:48 am

I think your handle says it all. Allow me to add to it; you’re also an idiot.

December 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Not even sure what you mean.Could you clarify please?
      A young man was in so much pain he has taken his life which was just beginning and has forever altered the lives of those who love him.
      How about a little compassion?

• Raptorman
      December 9, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Dumbandblind is definitive in your case. Have any other good one’s like stupidisasstupiddoes, dumbanddoorknob and footandmouth.

His family has my prayers.

5. Rebecca Macharique
    December 8, 2012 at 8:40 am

RIP Steve-O. You will be forever loved and missed.

6. ...
    December 7, 2012 at 6:20 pm

110th west is not city of lancaster area.. duh! Leaps is only in Lancaster. Didn’t want to confuse you with facts though.

• Turd Ferguson
      December 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Like it would matter.Like it would matter.Who knows if LEAPS would have been in the air.Who knows if LEAPS would have been ready.What we do know about LEAPS is that it cost $90,000.00 a month.And crime is going up.We know LEAPS makes money for Frank Visco.We know that it had done nothing for us.We know that $90,000.00 could put boots on the ground.We know $90,000.00 would hire more sherriffs.We have great sherriffs.We need more sherriffs.Yes to more sherriffs.No to LEAPS.No to LEAPS.

• Frank Rizzo
      December 8, 2012 at 7:03 am

LEAPS and other surveillance aircraft fly around everywhere because we all need to be monitored by big brother. Next the thought police will be…………………………..

7. Frank Rizzo
    December 7, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Where was the LEAPS? It should have been up there watching!

• William
      December 7, 2012 at 7:45 pm

LEAPS, Ron Smith, jewelry store robbery on the B-B-BLVD, oh my!!!

Will lord mayor start drinking again?