Workers bound, pistol whipped during armed robbery

(Photo by LUIS MEZA)

PALMDALE – Deputies are searching for two suspects who bound employees and then robbed a Palmdale fast food restaurant at gunpoint Sunday night (Dec. 2), authorities said.

The incident happened around 8:53 p.m. at the Subway in the 500 Block of Palmdale Boulevard, according to Palmdale Station deputy Wolfe.

(Photo by LUIS MEZA)

Wolfe said two Black males in hoodies entered the store and demanded money from the employees.

“There were two employees in the store,” Wolfe said. “Both of them were bound and one was pistol whipped.”

The men left the restaurant with an undisclosed amount of money, Wolfe said.

A detailed description of the suspects was not immediately available, Wolfe said.

Deputies are asking anyone with information on this robbery to call the Palmdale Station at 661-272-2400.

If you would like to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222- 8477.

50 comments for “Workers bound, pistol whipped during armed robbery

1. Letlow
    December 5, 2012 at 9:09 pm

@ Tom

You wrote: “Were also “sick to death” of being called “racist” for speaking the truth after watching our communities from all of the crime and drama you bring!”

The drama I bring?? What drama do I bring? I’ve never been arrested in my life, pay my taxes on time, own my own home and contribute regularly to my neighborhood watch group. But yet you lump me in with thugs and criminals? WHY????

That’s the blanket condemnation and bigoted thinking that this country is sick to death of!!! Luckily, people like YOU are in the minority. YOU are in the minority in this country, in California, in LA County and in the Antelope Valley! Deal with it!!!!

• Maribel S.
      December 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm

You are a permanent minority! You always will be! Now deal with that! California is ours and we will rule it in 10 years!

• Letlow
        December 5, 2012 at 9:39 pm

And the “we” in your statement refers to??

I think my comment went over your head, so let me break it down. When I speak of minority and majority, I am speaking about mindset only.

And the people with my mindset (i.e. compassionate, inclusive, open-minded, etc.) are in the MAJORITY.

We, in this majority, subscribe to the “Do unto others…” philosophy.

We are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Christian, Jewish, atheist, homosexual, etc. etc. etc.

WE rule California now, WE rule the Antelope Valley and WE rule the United States. If you don’t fit into this “We” that I speak of, then the only thing you will rule in 10 years is your bigoted mind.

• TreeHugger
          December 5, 2012 at 10:05 pm

omg Letlow. What do you suppose Maribel S. means when she said, “California is ours and we will rule it in 10 years!” I’m scared….

• Letlow
            December 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Your guess is as good as mine. I can’t fathom what goes on in the minds of the close-minded. That is something I will never be able to figure out.

But I certainly don’t fear any man, and you shouldn’t either.

• Melanie
            December 6, 2012 at 9:50 am

I’m guessing she means it will be a majority Hispanic population and ruled by them?

December 6, 2012 at 10:18 am
  2. I_Gotta_Job
    December 5, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Interesting , I am posting comments on here , and my comments are clear and ledgiable and true facts, yet for some reason , my posts keep getting deleted,….. HUH interesting

• December 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm

We remove comments that involve blanket condemnations or generalizations of entire races, religions or sexual orientations.

• Letlow
        December 5, 2012 at 5:17 pm

So what you’re saying here is, you want to be free to condemn an entire generation of people based on the actions of a few?

Get the F out of here!!

If people are not able to make a point without resorting to racist remarks then we should not be subjected to reading their ignorant ramblings.

Thank you AV Times!!!!

• Letlow
          December 5, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Keep up with the name calling. That’s how I know I’ve hit a nerve. LOL!!!

And by the way, it doesn’t bother me one bit if you think I live in a Sec 8 house, because I don’t subscribe to the stereotype. Yah feel me?

People are tired and sick to death of racists and bigots! Can’t you get that through your head?

Americans showed us that when they elected Obama over Romney!

The Antelope Valley showed us that when they elected Steve Fox over Ron Smith!

And now the AV Times is showing us that by deleting racist comments.

Get on board or get lost!

• Otto
          December 5, 2012 at 7:11 pm

So you’re saying that people voted for Obama because he’s black?…Sounds pretty racist to me.

• Letlow
          December 5, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Huh? What???

Only you would get that from my comment. In that line of thinking then, why did people vote for Steve Fox?

Boom!! Shatters that theory. But nice try…

• Otto
          December 5, 2012 at 7:21 pm

His opponent was white too…tough choice.

• Tom
          December 5, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Actually “letlow” people aren’t as “sick to death” of racists as they’re “sick to death” of thugs and criminals and welfare abusers. Were also “sick to death” of being called “racist” for speaking the truth after watching our communities from all of the crime and drama you bring!

• Oh no!
      December 5, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I too have been deleted. Mine were just stating what was in the story verbatim and they get deleted, I guess the writer putting them in words is different then me repeating them.

• Forewarned
        December 5, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Sounds like censorship to me.

• Otto
          December 5, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Totally. Maybe William’s running the show. His idea of fair and balanced.

3. nhisteps
    December 4, 2012 at 11:37 am

I_Gotta_Job, why would you generalize like that? All races of people commit crime and all races of people need prayer. This incident is very sad and I pray for all involved. I pray for healing of this entire Antelope Valley. We all desire a safe place to live. We need to do more as a community to restore peace instead of just leaving hateful comments on websites.

December 5, 2012 at 9:22 am

even if there is a prayer for all them thugs and people who need jesus they still going to do the same thing stealing killing commit suicide evil stuff so whats the point

December 4, 2012 at 10:15 am

• William
      December 5, 2012 at 6:24 pm

The thugs ‘menstrual cycles’ are synchronized??? Who knew?

5. Quigley
    December 4, 2012 at 9:27 am

Same s@#! different day in the AV!

6. Vigilante
    December 4, 2012 at 8:11 am

Soon we will have the high speed rail so we can accept these low life’s from other cities even faster!

• QHR
      December 4, 2012 at 9:11 am

You mean so we can get them low life thugs a one way ticket out of here.

December 4, 2012 at 9:27 am

Not going to happen, QHR, the fix is in.This is the designated area for LA trash.

• Forewarned
          December 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I remember back in the day when they used to call A.V. “the red headed step child” of L.A. County. Guess they still do.

• Sovereignty Soldier
      December 4, 2012 at 11:12 am

You know the high speed rail is part of a bigger agenda don’t you? Agenda 21, a UN treaty. The long term goal, which they move along slowly so as not to arouse your animosity, is to have people living inside city limits, to build high rise apartments for housing the masses, to have robotic driven cars which they will say are safer than people driving, to take away freedom as you know it in the name of the environment, but it is really to enslave humanity. That’s what the NWO is. Instead of driving, you will ride high speed rail or pay carbon credits to have a robotic driven car take you. You will live within their cities so you can be tracked and watched more easily.
      Does all of this sound far fetched to you? If so, please google Agenda 21 and research for yourself. Search up “robotic cars”, the “New World Order”. The corporate media will not tell you the whole truth and they know most people are too lazy or busy to look it up for themselves.

• The Driver
        December 4, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Sounds awesome. I hate driving.

If you’ll be my full time driver, I’ll help you fight the NWO!

• William
        December 5, 2012 at 7:19 pm

If ACE writes it, it must be true.

7. Ohan
    December 4, 2012 at 6:14 am

If the employee had a gun they could have defended themself and done society a favor at the same time by killing these parasites. As usual in california only criminals have guns, isnt it great the democrats took your rights away to carry a gun in california.

• Bob
      December 4, 2012 at 10:10 am

I agree, a well trained citizen with a gun is a great deterrent.

Out of the over 37,000,000 people in California, only about 30,000 are legally carrying a handgun, and 100,000 police officers.

Which means only about .3% of the California population is legally armed on the streets.

If we could raise that to even 10% of the population we would probably see an increase of firearms deaths (self defense most likely will still be labeled manslaughter when it is first entered), but an extra decrease in armed robberies.

I am not advocating every trigger happy person gets a gun to carry, however, having truly open courses for citizens who have no criminal limitations to be trained on proper response with a firearm. Have them available in all communities as well.

The local law enforcement should put on the training, at least if no other local establishment can.

If we do not allow this, we are just allowing ourselves and other citizens to be fleeced by wolves.

Each police officer (sheep dog) is responsible for at least 290 people (sheep), both on duty and off duty. In a nice area with low crime it is a decent chunk, but throw in roving criminals (wolves) like here in the AV and other towns (pastures), and no single cop (sheep dog) can truly cover all those places.

We need more sheep dogs (trained and armed civilians, and cops) to help protect the sheep (general population.)

Using the word sheep, or sheep dog, is not intended and insult. Sheep are harmless, order loving animals who need guidance to help stay safe. Sheep dogs have teeth (guns) but are there to keep order, sometimes they seem mean, sometimes they show their teeth, but it is to keep order and keep the herd safe.

They are trying to find the wolves and wolves dressed as sheep.

Sometimes innocent sheep and other sheep dogs get bit. That is why training is so important for all sheep dogs (civilian or otherwise.)

• Ask questions, then shoot
        December 4, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Dio you have statistics that might back this theory up? Like from a state that has conceal carry populations in the percentages of which you speak?

• Bob
          December 4, 2012 at 11:31 pm

It’s hard to compare one state to the other with regards to demographics, gun laws, so let’s look at the facts (2004):

California is ranked 4th in gun homicides. (Based on per 100,000 population.)

Wyoming on the other hand has some relatively relaxed gun laws compared to California and is ranked 47th for Gun Homicides per 100,000 population.

• William
            December 5, 2012 at 7:20 pm

People are farther apart in Wyoming.

You’d have to be a sharp-shooter.

December 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm

@William – say what?

• William
            December 5, 2012 at 8:41 pm

• Ohan
        December 4, 2012 at 5:43 pm

The police are not here to protect us. It is impossible. They are here only to respond to crimes that have allready been commited.

• Beervana
          December 4, 2012 at 8:24 pm

• Ohan
            December 5, 2012 at 6:19 am

yes really fo real.

• TreeHugger
            December 5, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Not serve and protect?

December 5, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Very true, the police come after the fact, need to know how to take care of yourself.They can’t be everywhere at once.

• TreeHugger
            December 5, 2012 at 10:17 pm

So let me understand this please. If the police see a citizen getting beat up, they don’t protect them from the person/people hitting them? If a child is being chased, the police don’t help/protect them? If the police see someone breaking into a house, they don’t stop and make inquiries regarding whose property it is? If an old man is walking down the middle of the street obviously disoriented, the police don’t help him, thus protecting him from being hit by a car, etc?

• Valerie
            December 5, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Sickntired as many sheriffs that be in the av they r slow to getting to responses because they r too scared to respond unless its a white person making the call the dont care for blks or hispanics here period

8. Bob
    December 3, 2012 at 10:36 pm

We need our community to help catch these thieves before someone is injured or killed by these soon to be career criminals.

If you know who these dangerous fools are and don’t report them than you are helping them, and it could lead to your death at their hands.

9. Andrew
    December 3, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Another “EBT welcome” establishment.

• Letlow
      December 4, 2012 at 7:18 am

Your point?

• Tim B.
        December 4, 2012 at 9:19 am

…just like flies to dog [censored]!

• William
          December 4, 2012 at 9:50 am

You asked for a link. What happend.

10. QHR
    December 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Soon enough the store should post “no cash accepted”. I hope the Sheriff finds those thugs!