Lancaster woman dies in rollover crash

ANTELOPE VALLEY – A 51-year-old Lancaster woman was killed Thursday night after her sport utility vehicle crossed into the wrong lane, ran off the road and flipped into a dirt field, authorities said.

The fatal single-vehicle crash happened around 9:25 p.m., Thursday on Avenue O, just east of 145th Street East, according to a California Highway Patrol report.

Vicki Baines-Johnson* was speeding eastbound on Avenue O, in a 2005 Honda SUV, when her vehicle traveled across the westbound lane and onto the north dirt shoulder, the CHP report states.

The SUV flipped several times before coming to rest on its left side in a dirt field, according to the report.

Baines-Johnson was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

The collision remains under investigation.

*Name released by the Los Angeles County Coroners Office.

29 comments for “Lancaster woman dies in rollover crash

1. Livin N A World of Stupidity
    December 16, 2012 at 5:52 am

In the end everyone is entitled to there opinion. My mother did nt kno how to text and was nt a drinker. Tho we dnt kno wt happened I’d like to say that her death is a very sad thing. I read most of the comments & tho I do nt like them all I hope when u go thru a time such as this that u reevaluate ur mind frame. In the end my mother was saved & she is in a better place.

2. Yvette Michelle
    December 1, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Vicki was our client for many years.. We got to know on a personal level therefore this news breaks our heart.Our prayers and hearts go out to her family especially her daughter and son. She was saved and I believe the LORD has welcomed her with open arms!

3. Patricia Baines
    November 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Vickie was my sister-in-law and only GOD knows what happened please do not leave negative comments out of RESPECT for our family . this is a trying time for us right now. and yes she did have some medical issues and she did not drink,but one thing for sure she was saved and she did indeed no the LORD. and that is a good thing so we thank God for her life and we pray for those with negative comments just be careful of what you say about others for it may come back to you this is an appointment we all will keep… thank you and just keep our family and her two children in your prayers thank you.

• Letlow
      November 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Praying for you and your family… God bless!

• DDTAP
      November 30, 2012 at 7:43 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. It’s doesn’t do any good to assume how it happened, what matters is that someone that was very loved is now gone.

• dumbandblind
        December 4, 2012 at 11:37 am

Whoever thought otherwise would have learned better if it happened to him/her.

• dumbandblind
      December 4, 2012 at 11:40 am

We need to know the facts to learn from it. Doing so allowed Vickie to have saved others.

• Christine Powers
      January 27, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Hello my name is Christine i was wondering if she is the Mrs. Baines that live on 161 East on the corner. I was asking because i am a driver and i used to pick up a client named Vickie Banies to take her to her Doctor appointment.. Please let me know if it was her who had the accident…

4. Bob
    November 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Sadly, probably fell asleep at the wheel, drunk, or was texting.

People in the AV need to realize driving is no joke and peoples lives are on the line.

I am sad the driver lost her life, but I am also great full she did not take out any innocent parties like the other accidents lately have.

If you are tired, take a quick nap, drink some coffee, and if you start dozing off, just pull over somewhere safe and dont risk it.

If you can call someone to pick up your car and you do it, both if you have been drinking or sleepy. If you have been drinking, don’t even try to do it, just call someone to pick you up and get the car in the morning.

Don’t text or do stupid crap while driving, this crap is quickly becoming more deadly than drinking. Both are stupid.

• MzSwt
      November 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm

There are so many people in the AV that always have to say something negative about other… What if it was something medical.. Your a jerk and stupid… Why don’t you go and drink and drive, or fall asleep at the wheel, or text and drive… so the world will have one less stupid person to make assumptions about someone loosing their life… A$$hole

• Bob
        November 30, 2012 at 4:44 pm

A health related issue is one thing (heart attack, etc), but if you are prone to seizures or have issues of passing out, you should not be driving either. A lot of people fail to report that to the DMV.

California has been extremely lenient regarding health issues, but that should change as well.

Their is public transportation for a reason, use it.

I love how you all attack me instead of actually having a debate. Is having a rational and civil debate too hard for “Funny” and “MzSwt?”

• dumbandblind
          December 4, 2012 at 11:31 am

“But better to be hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.”

• Patricia Baines
        November 30, 2012 at 4:56 pm

thank you so much there are still good people that realize all deaths are not from neglect. she was my sis-in-law and she was saved thanks again for addressing stupidity.

• dumbandblind
        December 4, 2012 at 11:21 am

The truth hurts does it?

• FUNNY
      November 30, 2012 at 3:55 pm

BOB Great job on how to be a Jack [removed] ,i wish i could fix stupid

• dumbandblind
        December 4, 2012 at 11:22 am

You can’t fix Bob cause he aint stupid. Only those who think others are should first fix themselves.

• dumbandblind
          December 4, 2012 at 11:33 am

…also the main reason why you can’t fix stupid is because stupidity usually fixes you first.

• sacryinshame
      November 30, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Well said Bob!
      I’ll bet most people feel the same way. Only the ones who want to argue about someone else’s post are gonna make some nasty remark.
      I am sorry for her family and friends.

• dave
      December 1, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Hey bob are you illiterate or just plain ignorant,What did this family say let them sorrow right now

• dumbandblind
        December 4, 2012 at 11:26 am

“let them sorrow right now” or should it be “let them grieve…”

• dumbandblind
          December 4, 2012 at 11:35 am

whose illiterate or ignorant again?

• Tony Banke
      December 1, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Until you know the facts, don’t preach on this web site. Mistakes are mistakes and how she died is not relevant at this time

• Bob
        December 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Mistakes are still relevant to the living, so we can learn from them, and not let other people make the same one.

I am sorry she passed away, however the anger people feel regarding posts regarding the GENERAL way people drive in the AV is crazy.

If you cannot allow free speech, maybe you are in the wrong country.

People attack me because I talk about the dangers of reckless driving on this forum, yet miss the whole point of what I say. Than they claim I am illiterate or ignorant, when the point of my message passes right over there head.

Insults are for school children, not adults.

• dave
          December 3, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Bob your in the wrong country

• Otto
            December 3, 2012 at 10:05 pm

• Bob
            December 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm

How dare I support constitutional amendments in all forms?! What was I thinking?

So please, dave, explain why I am in the wrong country.

I wonder if anyone can do it without resorting to insults and profanity.

• dumbandblind
            December 4, 2012 at 11:24 am

Maybe you should have finished grade school first to fully comprehend what Bob meant. Experience is the best teacher and she was teaching us something- from the grave.

5. Jenn
    November 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

How terrible! Prayers to her friends and family!

• dumbandblind
      December 4, 2012 at 11:35 am

I was wondering what type of people down vote any type of concern.