LANCASTER – The 19th annual Christmas Crèche Art & Music Festival opened Friday (Nov. 30) at the Lancaster East Stake Center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
“With four days packed with live musical performances by ensembles from throughout the Antelope Valley, children’s activities, and over 1,000 crèches from all over the world, this event offers something for everyone,” said Kevin Cordes, President of the Lancaster East Stake. “The festival is a wonderful way to start the Christmas season. We warmly welcome the community to join with us in celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.”
The free four-day festival features one of the largest displays of nativity scenes in the western United States, as well as over 40 live musical performances from a wide range of choral groups, musicians, soloists and orchestras.
This year’s participants include Highland High School, Palmdale High School, Lancaster High School, Quartz Hill High School, Pete Knight High School, and, for the first time ever, Quartz Hill High School’s 70-piece Symphonic Band.
Other performers throughout the festival include Sacred Heart Children’s Choir and Bell Choir, Antelope Valley Children’s Choir, Antelope Valley College Flute Choir, Donna O Studios, Lancaster United Methodist Chancel Choir, AV Jazz Ensemble, the Oliver Bell Choir, Devotion in Motion-Island Style, Lancaster Community Orchestra, Sunday Night Singers, and many more.
Sunday evening’s festivities will also feature the annual Messiah Sing-Along, which provides an opportunity for attendees to get into the Christmas spirit by joining in. The Sing-Along will be led by the Antelope Valley Symphony Orchestra and Master Chorale.
A variety of children’s activities are also available in a designated Children’s Room. These will include a nativity-themed scavenger hunt, costumes and props to reenact the Nativity Scene, and other themed games and activities.
The 19th annual Christmas Crèche Art & Music Festival is presented by the Lancaster East, Lancaster and Palmdale Stakes of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The festival takes place from Friday, Nov. 30 to Monday, Dec. 3 at the Lancaster East Stake Center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, located at 44330 27th Street East in Lancaster. Events begin at noon each day.
Admission is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
View the complete music schedule below.
Friday, November 30, 2012
- 1:00pm Cara Russell – Pianist
- 1:30pm Joan Enguita – Singer/Composer
- 2:00pm Gillian Ray – Mountain Dulcimer and Guitar
- 2:30pm Chris Hughson – Pianist
- 3:30pm William Randall – Soloist
- 3:45pm Donna O Studios
- 5:00pm Lana Bentley and Friends
- 7:00pm High School Choral Festival featuring Highland, Lancaster, Palmdale, Pete Knight, and Quartz Hill high school choirs; accompanied by QHHS Symphonic Band
Saturday, December 1, 2012
- 12:00pm Carolyn Burrell – Neo-Celtic Harpist
- 1:00pm Erika Figueroa – Soloist
- 1:30pm Michael Leon – Pianist
- 2:00pm Sacred Heart Children’s Choir & Bell Choir – Rose Meijia, Director
- 3:00pm Oliver Bell Choir – Mary Zimmerman, Director
- 3:30pm Lancaster United Methodist Church Chancel Choir- R. Williams, Director
- 4:00pm Belle Voci Dorate Women’s Ensemble- H. Kinkennon Director
- 4:30pm Kathryne Reed – Harpist
- 5:00pm Sacred Heart Choir – Kathryn Conrad, Director
- 5:30pm Lancaster Community Orchestra – JJ Schramm, Director
- 6:30pm Kara McDonald – Soloist
- 6:45pm Antelope Valley College Flute Choir – Lee Matalon, Director
- 7:15pm Vern Beazel
- 7:30pm Antelope Valley Jazz Ensemble – Lee Matalon, Director
- 8:00pm Antelope Valley Children’s Choir – Kara Slocum, Director
Sunday, December 2, 2012
- 11:45am Elizabeth Pomozal
- 12:00pm Harmonic Bronze – Larry Rowland, Director
- 12:50pm Robert White – Soloist
- 1:05pm Shani Perrett – Soloist
- 1:25pm Myrna Councilman – Soloist
- 1:45pm Sierra Kilpatrick, Amanda Mitton, and Mark Garden
- 2:15pm Lisa Pittmon – Soloist
- 2:30pm Mark & Elena Gallup
- 3:00pm Devotion in Motion – Island Style
- 3:30pm Sunday Night Singers – Mike McCullough, Director
- 4:40pm Linda Bowling and Friends
- 5:00pm Messiah Sing-a-Long featuring AVSOMC – Dr. David Newby, Director/Conductor
- 6:30pm Summerwinds Woodwind Quintet – Sheryl Cannon, Director
- 7:00pm LDS Christmas Devotional Broadcast
- 8:00pm Berkeley and Erica Price and Friends
Monday, December 3, 2012
- 2:00pm Nancy Beazel, Organ Chimes
- 3:45pm Music Students Service League – Sheryl Cannon, Director
- 4:45pm Emily McDougal, Soloist
- 4:55pm Donna O Studios
- 5:45pm Armargosa Ward Choir – Kevin Rasch, Director
For more information, visit the event’s facebook page.