Motorcyclist killed in traffic crash

LANCASTER – A 39-year-old man died Thursday night after his motorcycle was hit by a car in a Lancaster intersection, authorities said.

The fatal collision happened around 7:35 p.m., at the intersection of 20th Street West and Avenue K-4 in Lancaster, according to Lancaster Station Traffic Sgt. Paul Pfrehm.

Tyson Tisdale of Lancaster was riding a 1994 Honda CBR motorcycle northbound on 20th Street West, when he was struck by a 2011 Dodge, which was turning eastbound onto Avenue K-4, Pfrehm said.

Tisdale was rushed to the Antelope Valley Hospital where he died of injuries.

The driver of the Dodge, whose identity has not been released, was not injured in the collision.

Alcohol does not appear to have been a factor in this collision, Pfrehm said.

Sheriff’s Detectives continue to investigate this fatal collision, and are asking anyone with information regarding this incident, to contact the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station Traffic Enforcement Team at 661-948-8466.

Crash location.

32 comments for “Motorcyclist killed in traffic crash

1. audry tisdale
    December 9, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Nobody except me and my family and the police knows what happen to my dad, so before all you guys keep running youre mouths thinking you know everything read the police report thnks.

2. April
    November 29, 2012 at 10:54 am

I see all these motorcyclists thinking their invisible, speeding and cutting in and out of traffic. It’s annoying

3. Suck it
    November 7, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I see all these rude comments but seriously is for nothing it aint bringing this gentlemen back.. The fam needs to get informed of what really happend … I read some comments about this guy noy bringing head lights on??? If thats the case shame on hin

4. West coast
    November 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm

This is so tragic …i feel for the family but then again i also think about about the driver of the other vehicle she must also feel awfull is hard going these kind of situations…i went threw a fatal car accident… Motorcycles should be aware of pyher cars !!!!

• Destinie
      November 1, 2012 at 2:27 pm

The difficult thing about this is…. He was aware and so was the other driver… she seen him and thought she could make it! The moral of the story is not about Motorcycles, it is about finding PATIENCE…. if she just waited 2 sec this would not have happened. She was 1 min from her home… she would have got home 2 sec later if she waited… This is about PATIENCE…

• Hello
        November 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Destenie how r u so sure she saw him ??? She did not see him at all this guy did not bring headlights onat all!!! If se would had seen him she wouldnt of began to make that turn and if she would had seen him ., and if she was at fault she would be in Jail!!! I agree with te other comment he died the way he lived.. Its very sad what happend but thats life it was an accident!!!!

• November 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t a motorcycle headlights automatically come on when the engine is kicked over?

• Destinie
          November 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm

No I was not there, nor did I see him. However, this is a legal matter and witnesses proclaimed she stated “I saw him, I thought I could make it.” As his niece, I do not wish any harm on the other driver, as accidents do happen, nor do I wish to see he in jail. The courts shall decide. His heads lights were on, but they were dim, just a side note.

5. valley girl
    November 1, 2012 at 1:06 am

He died the way he lived. Sad but true!

• audry tisdale
      December 9, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Honestly who the hell are you? you dont know the way he lived. He was an awesome person and caring he dident deserve to die. He was a good dad i honesty hve nothing to say to you other then youre a hearyless bitch

6. Destinie
    October 31, 2012 at 2:59 pm

RIP Uncle Tyson! You are irreplaceable! It breaks my heart that your kids have to be without out!

October 29, 2012 at 5:07 am

8. Michael
    October 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Love you Tyson you were a great friend and cousin. That dip up there talking about our loved one needs to shut his disrespectful mouth. Understand buddy he has a family of over 100 people just in the antelope valley. And kids. Not very smart or respectful are you. R. I. P brother you are missed deeply

9. Duh
    October 27, 2012 at 1:25 am

Ok here r the facts he was driving on a suspended license his lights were to dim he was driving at 75mph residentoal area ..: he should not had not been on the road .im srty for his family is sad that 2 lifes r ruined

• karlareisner
      October 27, 2012 at 9:13 am

his children might read this come it is u think u know so much the person driving the car should have been more aware

• shawn
      October 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

so that doesnt make any differents the car pulled out in front of him with or without linc.and i think u are a jackass…..

• Destinie
        October 31, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Hey Shawn! Need to get your facts striaght he was not going 75 mph…. The person driving the dodge was completely at fault, as she admitted this! You are calling his family memeber a dumbass! I hate when people make comments without knowing both sides of the story… Regardless he lost his life because someone was inpatient!! The only life ruined is the person that is DEAD! My Uncle! She gets to continue to drive inpatiently and possibly risk doing this again…. She gets to go home to her family and see her kids grow, HE DOES NOT GET TO SEE HIS FOUR Children grow! She TOOK that from him!

• Nancy marie
          November 3, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Destine she admitted to what exactly? I think if this person was at fault they woulf be behind bars thats my opinion… Just saying…

• Destinie
            November 19, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Being at fault does not mean go directly to jail! People are so uneducated….. There is a legal system for a reason, duh! She admitted that she SEEN him and thought she could make it….. does not mean it was not an accident….

10. Duh
    October 26, 2012 at 11:53 am

@ milos motorcycles riders should also be more careful on how they ride their bikes… !!!

• Milos
      October 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm

@DUH That goes without saying. Ride like you’re invisible, and expect the unexpected. Has served me well in over 50 years of riding. Truth is, too many folks riding motorcycles that shouldn’t be. They don’t get out of the car mind set and into the motorcycle mind set.

• Heidi Leigh (one of his nieces)
        October 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm

You need to get your facts straight before you comment on an issue. He was in the complete right of way and was struck by someone not paying attention. It was not his fault and it could of happened o anyone. Also think about how his family members might feel about what you say about a perfect stranger. Thank you.

• Milos
          October 26, 2012 at 5:04 pm

@ Heidi Leigh What ‘facts’ are you referring to? I made some general comments about my riding experiences. There’s no doubt in my mind that your uncle had the right of way. My comment about how some people shouldn’t ride motorcycles WAS NOT directed at your uncle or his riding abilities, just a general statement based on MY EXPERIENCES. Sorry for any misunderstanding, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

• jimi chiles
        October 27, 2012 at 1:24 am

should have been you…ASSHOLE!

• jimi chiles
          October 27, 2012 at 1:31 am

p.s. that was directed at ‘@DUH’, for his heartless, ignorant, comment….And of course i don’t REALLY mean what i said, but, dude, c’mon…have some RESPECT!!!! I| just found out this tradgedy. Tyson was like a big brother to me & was a good person. I LOVE YOU BRO! R.I.P.

11. Albert Moreno
    October 26, 2012 at 11:09 am

I Love you cousin. We will miss you bro. To all the family stay strong and my prayers are with you.

12. Milos
    October 26, 2012 at 11:06 am

Motorcycle rider’s worst nightmare is a HUA car driver turning left in front of you. Yeah…no alcohol or drungs involved, just stupidity!!

• audry tisdale
      December 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

Just stupidity? no he was the one doing the right thing.

13. Jake
    October 26, 2012 at 10:02 am

Loved your life now RIP homeboy.

14. T-Bone
    October 26, 2012 at 9:07 am

RIP fellow Rider!

• Heidi Leigh (one of his nieces)
      October 26, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Ironically his nick name was T-Bone!

• Yo Mama
      October 27, 2012 at 6:28 am

That sucks. Our thoughts are with the family in their time of grief ..RIP fellow rider. I’ll see ya there someday…