Alleged shoplifter jailed after biting security guard

Diamon Warner is accused of shoving underwear and other items into her large purse without paying, and then fighting and biting a loss prevention officer who tried to stop her. Photo by LUIS MEZA.

LANCASTER – A 19-year-old Palmdale woman was arrested Monday for stealing underwear from Target and then biting a security guard who tried to stop her, authorities said.

The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. Monday at the Target store on 43525 10th Street West  in Lancaster, according to Lancaster Community Relations Deputy Michael Rust.

The incident happened at the Target store on 10th Street West and Avenue K in Lancaster. Photo by LUIS MEZA.

“A male and female shoplifter entered the store and Loss Prevention saw them stealing numerous items and concealing them in the female’s purse,” Rust said. “When they exited the store, the loss prevention guys tried to detain them, but the female started fighting and ultimately bit one of the loss prevention guys on the finger.”

The alleged female shoplifter was identified as 19-year-old Diamon Warner of Palmdale, and the male was identified as 25-year-old Austin Mackey of Palmdale, Rust said.

“They were stealing female underwear, men’s shirts and other items, according to the report,” said Rust. Two loss prevention officers managed to restrain Warner and had handcuffed her by the time deputies arrived; and Mackey did not put up a fight, Rust said.

“They (deputies) also discovered items from Big Lots, so they had stolen items from Big Lots, as well,” Rust added.

A security officer removes the confiscated items from a bench outside the store. Photo by LUIS MEZA

Mackey was arrested around 9 p.m. Monday for commercial burglary, and Warner was arrested around 9 p.m. for robbery, commercial burglary and battery with serious injury.

“The shoplifting turned into a robbery for her because she was fighting with security guards,” Rust said.

Both suspects are currently in jail and are due in court Wednesday to answer charges.

26 comments for “Alleged shoplifter jailed after biting security guard

October 19, 2012 at 9:53 am

@monica did anyone ask for your opinion no they did not

2. Joe P.
    October 18, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Poor thing. She stole so she wouldn’t have to wear PJs & she bit because she was hungry.

3. Notagain!!!!
    October 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I can almost assure you why they was caught is because she must have been wearing her stinky pajamas an the male had his pants half way down to his knees!!! Biting the security guard who was there to do his job!!!!! SHAME ON YOU MS TYSON!!!!! LOL

4. Adam Chant
    October 17, 2012 at 10:56 am

I think you meant to post this under the BooLVD story.. There is supposed to be a zombie walk on Friday and Saturday during the BooLVD..
    Maybe they will be out of jail in time to participate.. ?..

October 17, 2012 at 9:23 am

why the [removed] steel clothes instead of cash money

• Monica
      October 17, 2012 at 11:15 am

You obviously are a under educated individual. If the suspect had an education and got a job like the rest of us hard working, responsible citizens do they wouldn’t have to “steel” clothes or “cash money”. Grow up! You’re a ignorant individual and it’s because of people like you that this kind of crime exists.

• Marcel
        October 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm

“Had an education”? One strives to get and education you pre-literate imbecile. It is not something you should have or may have had. It is something you want in order to improve your life with. I am black and I was born poor as dirt. I struggled to improve my condition and I now have a doctorate of juris prudence. I “had” the same opportunity as this miscreant who steals and then injures someone performing their job because she wishes to get away so as to return and steal some more. Stop making excuses for people who live like this because they are too fat, dumb and complacent to do otherwise. They remind me of the wealthy trust fund kids who become wastrels and fools like yourself wonder how that can happen? You are a greater danger to society than this poor thief.

• Monica
          October 17, 2012 at 4:40 pm

So defensive Marcel!!! As in education I was referring to the posters improper use of English and ignorant approach. Good for you to raise up out of the “dirt”. Do you think you are entitled because of it? These criminals have the same choice that you did to do good, but their choices are blinded by the poor decisions that they make. Regardless of what you come from you have to earn it. With hard work, dignity, and morals. You are just as bad making excuses for these types of acts. Sounds to me you are a jaded individual with a lot of hatred because of what you have gone through. Maybe the “poor thief” will raise up out of the dirt as you did. You are sickening.

• Marcel
            October 18, 2012 at 10:33 am

Monica, you presage much disappointment. I wish I could accuse you too of being “sickening”.You aren not, so I won’t. I can say however you’re ignorance is greater than your stupidity. The fact you suggest “these” people (we won’t discuss your racist bigotry) are blinded by poor dicisions suggests they have no free will because of what you refer to as “blindness”. Let’s us just call a thief a thief and an idiot like yourself an idiot.

• Gladys
            October 18, 2012 at 10:50 am

I don’t think Monica was making any excuses for Diamon. When she referred to “these people”, I think she was referring to thieves.
            Marcel has gotten himself edumacated (lol) and now sounds like an argumentative schmuck who wants to pick apart any comment he can.
            I am so through with this comment section and The Antelope Valley Times

• Hector
            October 18, 2012 at 11:01 am

I love how “these criminals” all of a sudden becomes a racist statement to Marcel. Very telling indeed.

• Milos
          October 17, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Way to go Marcel. Good for you

• Notagain!!!!
        October 20, 2012 at 9:27 am

• Diamon
        February 15, 2013 at 10:16 am

I like how y’all judging me and my babydaddy but its cool don’t nobody really no what had happen but y’all lookin at the suspects important not tapping tho cause target goin get there’s how do u slam a pregnant girl and twist her arm up … But important the bad one y’all fooling

6. Johnny
    October 16, 2012 at 7:20 pm

All i see is a white t-shirt and some blood shot eyes.

7. QHR
    October 16, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Two less thugs committing crime in our city!

8. FUNNY
    October 16, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Walmart be to far to walk so i just get my TARGET ON i needs my new underwear,[removed]

• Milos
      October 16, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Got to admire that security guard’s restraint. If that was me, she would have “tripped and fell down” a couple of times before the sheriffs arrived.

• Tina Marie
        October 16, 2012 at 4:25 pm

for sure! I’m glad I’m not a security guard there! [removed] would have been missing some teeth if she tried to bite me!!!!

9. J. Ripper
    October 16, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Moral: steal from Big Lots; they won’t catch you!!!

• Dinky
      October 16, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Lol seriously

• SJ
      October 22, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Again.. M. Dilworth provides chuckle worthy details in the story! Yes.. I am now a true Dilworth fan.

10. Hector
    October 16, 2012 at 2:07 pm

She’s gonna miss the debate.

• Quigley
      October 16, 2012 at 2:39 pm

That’s why she looks sooo sad!

• Hector
        October 16, 2012 at 4:50 pm

She may miss college midterms too….when it rains it pours.

• Andrew