Two-car crash kills 56-year-old man

Jesus Magdaleno, the driver of the red vehicle, died at the Antelope Valley Hospital following the collision. (Photo courtesy LASD)

LANCASTER – Traffic investigators from the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station are investigating the circumstances of a deadly two-vehicle collision, which occurred Monday morning (Sept. 24) in Lancaster.

The incident happened around 6:55 a.m. on Challenger Way and Avenue L, according to Sergeant Paul Pfrehm.

Preliminary information gathered at the scene revealed that Jesus Magdaleno was driving westbound on Avenue L, when a vehicle, which had been eastbound on Avenue L, made a left turn on Challenger Way directly in front of Magdaleno’s vehicle, Pfrehm said.

Magdaleno, 56, was transported to Antelope Valley Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

Alcohol does not appear to have been a factor in this collision, Pfrehm said.

The identity of the other driver has not been released.

Sheriff’s detectives continue to investigate this collision and are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to contact the Lancaster Station’s Traffic Enforcement Team at 661-948-8466.

Editor’s Note: We will have more information on this fatal collision as it becomes available.

13 comments for “Two-car crash kills 56-year-old man

1. Susan
    September 26, 2012 at 6:39 pm

So sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

2. Ms. Reason
    September 25, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Sending my deepest sympathy and prayers in the loss of your loved one.

3. Daniel Magdaleno
    September 25, 2012 at 11:23 am

Luv you Dad I always love you and so happy you where the best dad anybody could ask for , I still need you but I know your with me

• Daniel Magdaleno
      September 27, 2012 at 6:34 pm

My family is struggling at the moment trying to put my dad to rest , its hard to ask for help but we need help if you find it your heart to donate a little to us for funeral arrangement,groceries,or anything we really will love your generosity to us I am one of his 9 children who will look forward to any kind of help my number is 661 two zero two -2683 thank you

• Maira Bojorquez
        September 28, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what your family must be going through at such a hard time like this. I would like to suggest that you open up a bank account under your father’s name for donations only. 2 months ago I lost my little cousin in a car accident as well. He was struck by a car while riding his bike home from work. We opened up a bank account with wells fargo for donations. It was fee since we had an account opened with them. It really helped us to raise money to put him to rest alongside his mother. You can also use the social media like facebook to post the account information and even the news. Hope this helps. My prayers are with you and your family.

4. cindy
    September 25, 2012 at 8:51 am

my sincere condolences to the family, my uncle will be miss. god need it another precious angel up in heaven with him, our prayers go to all the family…

5. Sal Jr Martinez
    September 25, 2012 at 8:29 am

6. Martin elizarraras magdaleno
    September 25, 2012 at 3:24 am

My uncle will be missed dearly. My prayers are with all of our family members that will miss him and specially with his immediate family.

7. glenda stratman
    September 24, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I work with Iris and all my prayers goes to Iris and her family. I feel so bad. I can only imagine.

8. anotherdummy
    September 24, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Impatience claims another life.

• Bob
      September 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm

It’s a common problem in the Antelope Valley, people showing no respect to either law or their fellow humans. They run lights, make dangerous maneuvers, etc all to gain a couple seconds.

9. Ali
    September 24, 2012 at 7:35 pm

So sad.. My prayers go out to Mr. Magdaleno’s family.

• Nathaniel Moreno
      September 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm

It is so sad to lose my grandpa