Palmdale woman arrested in SoCal baby formula theft ring

These five suspects are part of a baby formula theft ring that hit multiple locations in southern California, authorities said. Tiffanie Seniguar was captured in Palmdale Thursday, but the others remain at large.

PALMDALE – A 25-year-old Palmdale woman was arrested Thursday for stealing baby formula from a Target Store in Palmdale.

Tiffanie Seniguar is believed to be part of a baby formula theft ring that has been stealing “Enfamil” from stores throughout southern California, authorities said.

“It’s looks like there are five players,” said Palmdale Station Lt. Cory Kennedy. “Because she [Seniguar] had the car, she was the main player that was driving around and going to all these different locations.”

Kennedy said the baby formula theft ring hit retail stores in Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita Valley, Glendale, Burbank, and multiple locations in the Los Angeles Police Department jurisdiction. (View a list of some of the locations hit by the baby formula theft ring here.)

“What they do is they go into the store carrying a large empty purse, and because formula is not one of those items that they lock down, they just basically stack it up and they walk out with the big purse full of formula,” Kennedy said.

The getaway vehicle was captured on video surveillance after a crime at a Santa Clarita store, authorities said.

About three weeks ago, detectives in Santa Clarita were able to get the license plate of the getaway vehicle, which was traced back to a Palmdale address, Kennedy said. But the real break in the case for Palmdale detectives came on August 4, when Seniguar was caught stealing Enfamil from a Lancaster Walmart, Kennedy said.

“Basically, [she] told security ‘you can’t stop me’ and drove off and went back to Palmdale,” Kennedy said. “And that young deputy in Lancaster drove all the way to that house and he arrested her, and that gave us the break that we needed.”

Seniguar was convicted in the Lancaster incident.

“She got convicted, but walked out at the same take, which wasn’t what I wanted to happen because I knew about all the other cases that were going on,” Kennedy said.

Shortly after, Seniguar was identified as being on video in multiple stores throughout southern California committing similar crimes – including a June 25 theft at Target in Palmdale.

Seniguar (right) was one of two women who stole baby formula from a Palmdale Target on June 25, authorities said. Detectives are still searching for the other suspect.

“Our suspects in my case were two females,” Kennedy said. “The other suspects in the other different venues were males and females.”

Armed with an arrest warrant, detectives went to Seniguar’s residence in Palmdale and arrested her at 1:15 p.m., Thursday for the Palmdale incident, Kennedy said.

During her interrogation, Seniguar admitted to being involved in multiple incidents, Kennedy added. Palmdale detectives are working closely with the other affected law enforcement agencies to coordinate the arrests of the other involved suspects.  They’re also investigating what the ring was doing with the large quantities of stolen baby formula.

There was a similar case in Palmdale a couple of years ago, and the thieves were sending the formula to Mexico, Kennedy said.

“Those cans of formula can go anywhere from 18 to 20 bucks a can,” he said. “They’re turning around and selling them to whoever they’re selling them to for six to seven bucks, and then they’re shipped off. The problem with that is the stuff has an expiration date too, and there’s no control.”

Seniguar remains jailed on $30,000 bail and is expected to be charged with commercial burglary on Monday, Kennedy said. Detectives are still searching for the other female involved in the Palmdale case.

“We will get her today,” Kennedy said. “We would have got her last night, but her address was no good.”

Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact Lt. Kennedy at 661-272-2506.

35 comments for “Palmdale woman arrested in SoCal baby formula theft ring

1. Maria
    November 20, 2012 at 11:59 pm

2. HM
    August 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Quigley, for sure….where as the crimes the whites are doing are 99% less than what blacks are doing…it’s pathetic..quit making excuses for these people, this woman is not a child she should know right from wrong but just could not care.. what an arrogant witch.. she knows what she is doing, and she is just daring someone to try and stop her..they just never change their spots..

3. ryenisha jackson
    August 17, 2012 at 11:25 pm

4. FUNNY
    August 17, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Lets give da baby a 40 Schlitz Malt Liquor and cut out da middle man

• Letlow
      August 17, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Ummm, you do know that these baby formula thefts are not restricted to the ‘da hood’ right? I’ve been reading about this crap happening all around the country (by ALL types of people) since last year, example:

So it might be time to stop the tasteless ‘hood jokes now. These five people are stupid criminals – nothing more, nothing less.

• FUNNY
        August 17, 2012 at 7:32 pm

sounds like you will save the world

• FUNNY
        August 17, 2012 at 7:33 pm

go hug the tree and i will eat the cow

• Quigley
        August 17, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Geeez Letlow here we go again. The crime happened here, in the AV, and the pics say it all, so get over it…stop looking for excuses for the black criminals.

• FUNNY
          August 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm

His name should be Let them go

• Letlow
          August 17, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Where oh where in my post do you see an excuse of ANY kind? What about the two words “stupid criminals” could you possibly interpret as an excuse??

What I had hoped to convey was my disgust with the ‘hood/EBT/welfare stereotypes directed at any Black person who commits a crime.

The same goes for idiotic stereotypes (illegals, etc) directed at Hispanic criminals. Or even the trailer trash, etc. comments directed at White criminals.

Why can’t a criminal just be a law breaker without a racial stereotype attached? Is that too much to ask?

• Yo Mama
            August 21, 2012 at 5:43 am

Ok!! As soon as they’re all gone….We’ll be left with no choice. You can’t call out negros if they’re not here. Shoo…

• Shawn Rone
            September 1, 2012 at 2:30 pm

@yo mama some people are just plain ignorant . Your picture should be posted next to the word ignorant . You have a difficult time comprehending the point of Letlows post . From What i have seen on this site, Letlow may be the only intelligent person in the Antelope Valley.. UGGHHH Hate you r hot ,desert , hick town.

• Shawn Rone
            September 1, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I guess my comment does not make me any better than you are . I am disliking a whole town based upon a few comments from socially retarded individuals with access to a keyboard.

• Hector
        August 17, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Actually it was pretty funny. Lighten up and lay out in the sun for a while…It’ll thicken your skin.

5. Whoever
    August 17, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Crystal – ever heard of WIC? IF she was in need they give Formula out free. Which is RIDICULOUS if you ask me – but…

• Kelly
      August 17, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I work in a grocery store and WIC provides a lot of FREE formula to those whom need it. Oh, and my husband died when our son was 7 months old and I didn’t know of WIC so I never used it, so I just took on another job and struggled to make ends meet and feed him. Shut the f up whomever thinks it is based on race, it is based on lack of integrity which is within EVERY race. I see it daily…

• HM
      August 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm

whoever, she is not in need of the formula, she is stealing it to sell it..”rme” some people are so naive..

6. cathy
    August 17, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I thought most of the baby formula was being locked up now days, these looser’s always seem to find a way around everything. I think she and they need a permanent address locked up…I think our sheriff’s dept is trying very hard to clean up and kick out our scum here in the valley…Get them all out and lets get our little town back to what it once was…we could only wish…

7. FUNNY
    August 17, 2012 at 6:10 pm

When did [removed] start drinking baby formula this is news to me

• Quigley
      August 17, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Hmmm, does it come in 40’s?

8. crystal
    August 17, 2012 at 4:20 pm

You guys don’t even know this girl or her situation. If it was your family member you would feel different. I pray for these girls that they learn their lesson. Learn from your mistakes and god bless her

• Hector
      August 17, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Wah Wah Wah….If I had a family member involved in something like that, I’d change the locks and disown the loser.

• Long time AV resident
        August 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I’m with Hector. If it was my family member, I’d deny I know them. Give me a break. They probably already get welfare. They didn’t want to waste their EBT on formula. They have booze and cigarettes they still need to buy. Stop being enablers. Prosecute these losers. Send them away.

• Hector
          August 17, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Amen to that.

• sacryinshame
        November 25, 2012 at 8:53 pm

sorry Hector, I meant to hit a “thumbs up” on this comment.

• Nacho
      August 17, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Your naive!! And I bet u didn’t know that the nice young well dressed black man who loiters outside of Vons is actually selling weed. Yup It’s the truth. I’ve seen it.

• Quigley
        August 17, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Hey Nacho…which Vons?

• Kelly
          August 17, 2012 at 10:09 pm

8 or 29 Nacho? I think 8.

• Yo Mama
      August 21, 2012 at 5:36 am

You would. Them negros stick together, Homeys!

9. Concered
    August 17, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Yet another sista getting busted! Imagine that yall!

Guessin she wan’t getting enough money on her EBT card to sell, so she needed to steal to get some fun money!

10. lucas
    August 17, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I see all good citizens there with no convictions, all hard working people working and stealing every day. Keep them all in jail. Good job Palmdale Deputies.

11. Quigley
    August 17, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Smile for the camera, dumb sh#ts! I wonder if they’re registered voters?

• D. Fife
      August 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Of course…voted for Obama.

• Long time AV resident
        August 17, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Please these losers didn’t vote. They were too busy stealing from stores or scoping out people’s cars at the poll locations. Damn thieves!

• palmdale_steve
          August 18, 2012 at 8:35 am

Hope and change baby..hope and change.