LANCASTER – Hoping to combat the rise in thefts, authorities conducted a six-hour theft suppression operation at the west Lancaster Walmart today (Aug. 3).
Between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., deputies made four felony arrests, five misdemeanor arrests, issued one citation for loitering and located one missing juvenile, who was reunited with family.
The following area residents were arrested during the operation:
* Joyce Smith, 21, Female, Black of Palmdale, commercial burglary
* Kristal Phillips, 36, Female, White of Palmdale, commercial burglary
* Elvis Bexley, 65, Male, White of Lancaster, commercial burglary
* Gabriel Simmons, 26, Male, Black of Lancaster, commercial burglary
* Jesse Burton, 19, Male, Black of Palmdale, petty theft
* Dacia Drake, 18, Female, Black of Palmdale, petty theft
* Sweeta Corrall, 20, Female, Black of California City, petty theft
* Clara Landrum, 36, Female, Black of Lancaster, petty theft
* Name pending on suspect arrested for petty theft
The theft suppression operation was conducted by the Lancaster Target Oriented Policing (TOP) and Community Oriented Response Enforcement (CORE) teams at Walmart, located at 44665 Valley Central in Lancaster.
(Information via press report from the Lancaster Station.)