Alleged DUI driver wreaks havoc on Palmdale Blvd

A female driver, suspected of driving under the influence, ran a red light and caused a three-vehicle collision on Palmdale Blvd. Wednesday, authorities said. Photo Credit: LUIS MEZA

The suspected DUI driver was arrested at the scene. Photo Credit: LUIS MEZA

PALMDALE – Traffic in downtown Palmdale was affected for at least two hours Wednesday afternoon because of a suspected female drunk driver, authorities said.

The incident happened around 12:30 p.m.

“She blew a red light on 10th Street East and Palmdale Boulevard and struck a vehicle that was already in the intersection getting ready to head northbound on 10th Street East,” said Palmdale Community Relations Deputy Robbie Royster. “That collision caused her vehicle to spin around and strike another vehicle.”

Royster said the occupants in the vehicles that were hit had only minor injuries.

Photo Credit: LUIS MEZA

He said the woman was determined to be driving under the influence.

The woman wept as she was arrested on the scene. Her name or age was not immediately available.

Royster said the woman was transported to the hospital with a broken finger. Officials will complete there DUI investigation at the hospital, Royster said.

Traffic was affected on Palmdale Blvd. at 10th Street East for about two hours while an investigation was done and the cars were picked up.

11 comments for “Alleged DUI driver wreaks havoc on Palmdale Blvd

1. William
    June 15, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I promise not to reply to any of ‘Pretty Pollyanna’s comments on this site.

Please reply if you will do the same. Replying to ‘her’ only encourages her.

• S. Parker
      June 15, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I second that. I was sucked in once, but not again.

Also, I would like to know the name of the menace to society referenced in this article who was boozing and driving in the high afternoon.

• William
        June 15, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I’m guessing it will be in tomorrow’s AV Press or here or later.

Over the years, I’ve learned to take my foot off the gas pedal and be ready to brake when approaching most busy intersection. I’ve even started doing that in residential as my mailman almost ran into me coming off a side street without stopping. It was weird as I veered left as he approached from the right and kept going and going until we were nose to nose. I talked to him days later and because he sits on the right side, he didn’t see me as readily.

One on my pet peeves is people who wait till the last minute to change lanes to make a turn or exit the freeway instead of getting in the appropriate lane ahead of time. Apparently, people coming up behind and alongside me think THEY have the right-of-way. I didn’t know.

2. ryenisha jackson
    June 15, 2012 at 6:17 pm

she spent the last of her ebt money on a beer got mad that her babys daddy is hitting the pookie without her and took off in the truck lol

• Stinger
      June 15, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Racist troll.

3. Layla
    June 15, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Spread Love Not Hate. There is Good And Bad In Every Color. Hate And Anger Is A Waste Of Time. There Is More Important Things To Do In Life. Carrying Hate …Carries Bad Genes And Creates Bad Genes.

4. +-=
    June 14, 2012 at 6:27 pm

What? No remarks about all them drunk WHITE girls? Since we ALWAYS like to point out the criminals of color. Just saying. hmmmm wonder if she’s on Section 8, food stamps, welfare? Damn WHITE parasites! How many white girl DUI’s does this make?

• Hmm
      June 15, 2012 at 8:11 am

Not singling out “criminals of color”, just stupid parasites that live off of others!

5. Parent
    June 14, 2012 at 12:14 pm

And because no one was killed, she gets off with a misdemeanor, especially if her case is heard before the “Honorable” Steven Ogden who regularly lets drunk drivers off with a slight tap on the wrist.

6. hmr
    June 13, 2012 at 7:05 pm

how is that buzz working out for you now? ignorant broad..

7. lucas
    June 13, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Celebrating Father’s Day early? Do it the right way.