- 12 p.m. – 10 p.m., Thursday, June 28
- 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., June 29 to July 4
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Thursday, July 5
The Palmdale City Council approved issuing permits for the 41organizations to sell fireworks at its June 6, 2012 meeting. Only nonprofit organizations that have headquarters in Palmdale or have more than 50 percent of their membership residing in Palmdale and have a minimum of 20 members are eligible to apply for fireworks booths. Only one booth is allowed per organization.
The number of booths allowed is calculated at one booth per 3,000 residents. Based upon current population estimates, a maximum of 51 booths would be allowed to be established in the year 2012, of which 41 have been filled by qualifying nonprofit organizations.
Organizations’ booths must pass an inspection by the Los Angeles County Fire Department before the City’s Community Preservation Division will issue the fireworks permit. Fireworks may be purchased by those who are age 18 and above in the City of Palmdale. Proof of age may be requested for purchase.
The City of Palmdale is the only municipality in the Antelope Valley in which “Safe and Sane” fireworks may be legally sold and discharged on private property. However, the housing community Anaverde, all areas south of the California Aqueduct, and locations in the Rancho Vista area are “no fireworks zones” and MAY NOT use any fireworks at all since they are in high risk fire areas.
The “no fireworks zone” is generally described as the area within the City of Palmdale which lies along the following lines: beginning at the intersection of Rancho Vista Boulevard and 30th Street West, areas south and west of Rancho Vista Boulevard, north to Avenue N-8; south and west of Avenue N-8 from Rancho Vista Boulevard to 55th Street West; west of 55th Street West; and south from 55th Street West to 60th Street West (Godde Hill Road).
“We’ve developed an interactive map on our web site, www.cityofpalmdale.org, that allows residents to enter their address so they can see if they live in ‘no fireworks zone’ area where ‘Safe and Sane’ fireworks are NOT allowed,” said Palmdale’s Communications Manager John Mlynar. “Residents may also contact our Community Preservation office at 267-5234 or our Public Safety Department at 267-5181 and our staff will assist them.”
The City of Palmdale is urging residents to not use illegal fireworks, and administrative fines starting at $2,500 will be in effect.
“Safe and Sane” fireworks may be purchased at 41 booths throughout the City. City officials are urging residents to use the fireworks under safe conditions. Educational flyers are being distributed with each purchase of fireworks. For more information, please call 661-267-5181.
- American Indian Little League – 39626 10th Street West
- American Legion Post #348 – 39445 10th Street West
- Antelope Valley Desert Divers, Inc. – 730 W. Rancho Vista Boulevard (Dunn Edwards parking lot)
- Antelope Valley Soccer Club Ambush – 37716 55th Street East (Domenic Massari Park)
- Antelope Valley Youth Athletics, Inc. – 4644 E. Avenue S
- Arch Rafael and St. Mina Coptic Church – 3505 E. Palmdale Boulevard (east of 35th Street East
- AV Blackhawks – 37950 47th Street East (at Avenue R)
- Crosswind Community Church – 41337 10th Street West
- Desert Pride, Inc. – 1233 W. Rancho Vista Boulevard (in front of 24 hr. Fitness)
- East Palmdale Foursquare Church – 5038 W. Avenue N (in front of Albertson’s)
- First Presbyterian Church / Horizon Community – 37218 47th Street East (in front of Stater Brothers)
- Highland HS Instrumental Music – 2535 E. Avenue S
- Iglesia Emmanuel Antelope Valley – 2419 E. Avenue S
- Kids Charities of the Antelope Valley – East side of 10th Street West, south of Birdies, approximately 1,865 feet north of Avenue N
- Kiwanis Club of Palmdale – 440 E. Palmdale Boulevard
- Kiwanis Club of Palmdale West – 39940 10th Street West
- Littlerock HS Band Boosters – 38118 47th Street East (north of Avenue R)
- Littlerock Youth Football – 5510 E. Avenue T (Southwest corner of Avenue T and Fort Tejon)
- Marine Corp League – 3005 E. Palmdale Boulevard
- Ministerio Espiritu Santo y Fuego – Northeast corner of Avenue S and 40th Street East
- Oasis Christian Church of the AV – 856 W. Palmdale Boulevard
- Palmdale Band Boosters Club – 2137 E Avenue R (Palmdale High School parking lot on the north side of Avenue R)
- Palmdale Chamber of Commerce – 40130 10th Street West
- Palmdale Elks Lodge #2027 – 37959 47th Street East
- Palmdale High Football Boosters – 38310 20th Street East (H.S. parking lot on the west side of football stadium on 20th Street East)
- Palmdale High Swim Boosters – 1233 W. Rancho Vista Boulevard (Antelope Valley Mall parking lot between Carl’s Jr. and Pier 1 Imports)
- Palmdale Lions Club – 1215 E. Palmdale Boulevard
- Palmdale Little League – Northwest corner of 25th Street West and Rancho Vista Boulevard (overflow parking lot at Marie Kerr Park)
- Palmdale Repertory Theatre – 37140 47th Street East
- Palmdale Youth Football – 2534 E. Avenue S
- Quartz Hill High School Baseball Boosters – Southeast corner of Sierra Highway and Avenue S
- Raise Praise Ministries – 220 E. Palmdale Boulevard (next to Starbucks)
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church – Southwest corner of Avenue R and 10th Street East
- Sea Scout Ship 11 Committee – Southeast corner of Rancho Vista Boulevard and Towncenter Drive
- St. Stephen’s of the Valley Lutheran Church – 38727 Tierra Subidia Avenue
- Temple of Deliverance Ministries International – 2520 E. Palmdale Boulevard
- The Highlands Church – 39625 20th Street West
- United Pentecostal Church – 3027 W. Rancho Vista Boulevard (in front of Von’s)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars – South of Rancho Vista Boulevard, West side of Sierra Highway
- Victory Outreach – 2053 E. Palmdale Boulevard
- Word of Life Outreach Ministries – 5645 E. Avenue T
(Information via press release from the City of Palmdale.)