Residents sound off at El Dorado Town Hall meeting

Lancaster Station Captain Bob Jonsen (speaking), City Manager Mark Bozigian (left) and members of the Lancaster Revitilization Commission spoke at the El Dorado Town Hall meeting Thursday.

LANCASTER – Loud music, speeding cars, and juvenile delinquents are the top three issues plaguing the El Dorado neighborhood. So said residents who attended a Town Hall Meeting at El Dorado Elementary School Thursday night.

The meeting was a chance for law enforcement and city officials to address safety and community service issues affecting the neighborhood, which covers the area from Avenue J to Lancaster Boulevard and from Division Street to Challenger Way.

About 150 residents attended the meeting.

“We want to hear from residents,” City Manager Mark Bozigian told the crowd of about 150. “What challenges your neighborhood is facing and constructive ideas on how they can be addressed.”

“I’m here to tell you we can’t do it alone,” Lancaster Station Captain Bob Jonsen added. “We need this partnership more than ever because [of] some of the challenges that are confronting us.”

Jonsen said 70 percent of crimes in the El Dorado neighborhood were property related. He said residential burglaries, petty theft, and vehicle burglaries were the leading crimes in the neighborhood.

“All three of those are preventable, but they’re going to require us to work together to reduce them,” Jonsen said.

Residents at Thursday’s town hall meeting seemed more concerned with quality of life issues. Several residents complained that their neighbors were blasting profanity-laced music, especially on Sunday mornings.

“There’re some adults, not kids, that play their music and they do it spitefully,” said Minister Thomas DiFilippi Sr. “They know that we’ve complained.”

DiFilippi said one night his neighbors got concert speakers and pointed them into the houses.

“Not only the windows would vibrate, you couldn’t sleep with air plugs in and sound devices on your head,” he said. “I called several times and somebody told me ‘good luck’ from the Sheriff’s Department… then people left that place drunk driving coming out into the community.”

Jonsen encouraged residents to report these types of activities to the department as soon as they happen. He said Lancaster Station had specific units tasked with breaking up noisy parties.

Ashleigh Kemper said she feared for her life when walking the streets of her neighborhood.

“We take it very seriously, and that’s why we have these “party cars” in place to go and break these disturbances up before they get to that point,” Jonsen said.

“Neighbors who don’t take pride in their neighborhood, they’re just being scumbags for the rest of you, excuse my language,” said Bozigian. “So we have a Chronic Nuisance Ordinance.”

Bozigian said the Chronic Nuisance Ordinance enabled the city to charge residents a heavy fine after five deputy-responded complaints.

“If they don’t comply, they’re going to get a bill from the city for a very hefty amount,” he said.

Vehicles speeding through the neighborhood were also a concern for several residents.

“Nothing stops these people and nothing slows them down,” said Ashleigh Kemper.

Kemper, who lives on 3rd street east between Avenue J and Lancaster, said she often feared for her life while walking the streets of her neighborhood.

“I was just walking yesterday pushing the stroller with my seven-month-old, my four-year-old is riding her bike beside me, and a guy goes zooming up the street 60 miles an hour,” Kemper said. “He looks at me and doesn’t even slow down. What do I do?”

Jonsen said residents should report the problem immediately so the department could notify its traffic unit.

“The thing about speeding is… it’s the same people every single day,” Jonsen said. “I guarantee you, once they get one ticket, they’re going to slow down.”

Many residents also complained that a pack of juveniles were terrorizing certain streets in the El Dorado neighborhood.

An elderly man, who did not want to be identified for fear of retribution, said two dozen youths routinely loitered near his home, blasting music and fighting in the streets.

Pat Lynch said a pack of young troublemakers were intimidating residents in his neighborhood.

“It’ll go on until three o’clock in the morning… you hear them out there screaming and yelling at each other,” the man said. “You gonna confront 24 of these guys and tell them to buzz off? No, I don’t think so!”

Another resident, Pat Lynch, said the young troublemakers had taken to intimidating older residents for sport. Lynch said, the other day, one of the troublemakers placed his bicycle in the middle of the street, apparently daring anybody to mess with it.

“The kids would not remove it, I drove around it, the car coming the other way had to go into my lane to go around it…” he said. “This is total intimidation out here.”

Lynch said the youths had also pounded on his wife’s vehicle as she drove by.

He said the troublemakers should be picked up by the Sheriff’s Department and made to do community service.

“Get them out there to pick up the trash and clean up the area,” Lynch said, to applause from the audience.

Another woman suggested the city find a way to divert the youths’ attention to something more positive.

More than a dozen community groups, including Paving the Way, the Boys and Girls Club, and the United Community Action Network (UCAN), spoke about their services at the Town Hall Meeting.

Following the meeting, Jonsen said the Sheriff’s Department should be able to quickly address all the residents’ concerns.

Jonsen said residents raised quality of life issues as opposed to crime-related issues.

“I’m happy to hear that they’re more of the quality of life issues,” Jonsen said. “That’s why we have the CORE program in place and I’m very confident we’ll be able to have a meeting like this in six months and have a lot of these frustrations somewhat diminished.”

Jonsen said the CORE deputy assigned to the El Dorado neighborhood is Shannon Knight. He said Knight noted the residents’ concerns and would be using all the resources at department’s disposal to address the issues.

Community activist Dr. Miguel Coronado commended the Sheriff’s Department and city officials for hosting the meeting.

“I wholeheartedly support our captain and our city leadership,” Coronado said. “We must work together in our community together, our nation depends on it.”

37 comments for “Residents sound off at El Dorado Town Hall meeting

1. R. Suarez
    May 30, 2012 at 11:56 am

“youth” is the media new code word for unruly and unsupervised ghetto kids and even young people well into their 20s. The media calls them “youth” because they dare not say what they actually are.

2. ed
    May 28, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Ace and chacha This is a step in the right direction. Remember when they would not even talk to us. Your both right. Embarass them, make them come out in the street to see whats going on. Now, how about both of you makeing some positive suggestions.

• chacha
      May 29, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Ed, I gave some positive suggestions about patroling the neighborhoods in my post on May 26th. Funny how the people who call the police and get no response, so they call back, and now that citizen is called a complainer. They get blamed for being part of the 5% that takes up 95% of the LASD time. Ha!
      I would love to see change, but all we get is silence or lip service. The same BS is said at every meeting. The same concern and promises to look into the problems in the community and then……nothing but dead space. So we (the complainers) bring up the subject again and now we are laughed at and talked to in a manner than is demeaning as if our question (if they remember what it was) had no merit and is not relevant.
      So Ed, don’t tell me to bring positive solutions to the table. That’s what the City of Lancaster managers and staff get paid the big bucks for. They don’t want our suggestions for change nor do they care about our concerns, unless the camera is rolling.

3. May 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Did anyone call the sheriffs? I am sure they would respond to 24 misbehavin youth. Do these kids live in the neighborhood? based on history someone would have been jailed by now.If someone is in such fear, why don’t they call the sheriff? This is not making sense and if theses kids are what these people are saying, I am sure they do not want to have anything to do with the police. Call 911 when you are scared….

• pappa Z
      May 29, 2012 at 11:43 pm

your comment almost sounds like something Sherry what’s her name would have said. She made a comment very similar after the shooting a couple years ago over the Labor Day Weekend. I believe it was a 14yr girl that got shot and killed. “Step out of your comfort zone and call the Sheriff Dept”? People on that street had been calling the police reporting cars speeding, drinking and drugs in the street, underage drinking, since noon that day and not a single police car came through untill after midnight when the young girl got shot.

4. T-Bone
    May 27, 2012 at 8:48 am

Well it has been 3 days since this meeting and I haven’t seen any reports of anyone being robbed or shot on their way home. Couldn’t be that bad in this neighborhood or they would have made somebody pay for the heat! 150 of the “Good” residents out at one time and nothing happened? If it was because more people were out (strength in numbers) to make it harder to get away with crime, then maybe more people should go outside and take the Hood back! Only the Strong Survive!

• pappa Z
      May 29, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I believe in taking the hood back. We try different things all the time to deter criminals from making themselves comfortable in our neighborhood. For 1 thing, the criminals hate to be seen, so we always say hello to strangers and ask how their doing today. After about 4 or 5 different people asking them as they walk down the block, they usually move on. Like I said, we try different things all the time.

• pappa Z
        May 30, 2012 at 10:58 am

We don”t carry guns outside, so we won’t be shooting anyone. Let them come into my house….if the dogs don’t get them, I’ll shoot them.
        I have had instances of patrol cars stopping at my house after I call something in. For instance, I reported neighbor boys for buying a gun. I gave the description of the car, driver and license plate. Told what the gun looked like and the boys names that purchased the gun. The patrol car stopped at my house and when I told them “wrong house” they laughed and said “probably not a good time to go over there now”. I’m aware of most of their tricks to get out of taking reports. If someone lives alone, I would never advise them to be involved outside of alerting a neighbor if something is amiss. I look out for neighbor kids and most of the kids who now live in our neighborhood are respectful to the degree that they are not out doing stuff in the street anymore.

5. ed
    May 26, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I wonder how many of those shooting off their mouths were at that meeting?
    Again at the risk of having you take me on too, Mr Askia at least has the intelligence to express his opinion, although verbose, in a constructive manner. Its time to look for some out of the box solution to these overzealous youths. Maybe providing a meeting place, such as the Y where they can meet off the street. Or some local hang out type place?
    How about a little constructive discourse out there.

• Tina Marie
      May 26, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Your house?

• Abdul Majeed Askia
      May 27, 2012 at 7:03 am

Ed. Those were very good ideas. We must get out of the habit of
      just condemning bavior we don’t like ! Youth are born into homes,
      enviornments and social influences they had noting to do with !
      It is like whatever beliefs your parents have thats what you will
      be raised as athiest,agnostic,chritian,Jew,muslim,buddist,
      pagan or whatever,their philosophy becomes your truth or your
      perception of reality!Like being raised in crime infested neighbor-
      hoods,imagine the first impression you get coming in the world
      is chaos! A child or youth born into this world has to navigate
      through this maze or inner-city jungle to figure all this stuff out!

Why not have centers where they can express themselves,be themselves
      and let out a little system as opposed to being labeled dangerous,
      or being tagged as the source of all of socities ills ! If its only
      one of you and ten nuts down he street the odds are the teenager
      is going to side with the ten nuts! The crowd syndrome.

I am working on my verbose form of expression!Smile.Might take
      sometime since its been with me so long. As they say,old habits
      is hard to break. Ask an over-eater or someone hooked on smoking
      cigarettes or some other type of bad habit.I think I did a little
      better with this one. Maybe less next

6. Abdul Majeed Askia
    May 26, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I have lived among people from every walk of life and from all around the world. I have had the opportunity to experience the various cultures,
    attend services of different religions and belief systems as well as I
    have lived for nearly two decades with some of the most ruthless people
    you want to meet. May I share with you some very well known principles
    that are universal: Treat others the way you want to be treated,as you
    sow so shall you reap,what goes around comes around, be considerate of
    others, the world does not center around you and we are all in this

I am not in law enforcement nor am I going to patrol the streets looking
    for wonderers to talk to about roaming the streets. However, I have
    found that in the most extreme situations if you respect the other
    persons space and right to exist they will in re-turn respect you ! I
    don’t automatically look at yougsters as my enemy! Nor do I make it my
    business to just walk up to strangers and start quizzing them as if
    I am assuming they are about to commit a crime.The way we talk to people
    and our personal projections set the stage for our interactions!Yes,
    there are some people that are out just to commit a crime but that is
    not always the case !!! I have lived a life time speaking to groups
    of youngsters walking, in parks,on public transportation, in youth
    facilities and in prisons and I have discovered in most cases if you
    treat them like the human beings they are,they will in re-turn respect
    you on that level!Every situation may be different so one must be
    conscious of that diffeence,-is it a party, a club,a bus trip,a group
    of students,gangs in the neighborhood, is liquor or drugs involved,
    are they on your block, each situation determines how you may approach
    he matter. Again, I know of no better way than treating others the
    way you would want to be treated. Of course if you strongly believe
    an altercation may occur than follow the golden rule “do not concern
    yourself with that which does not concern you!” It is also true that
    sometimes we wrongly take the attitude since they are young they
    automatically must be up to no good!!!Nobody likes to be harrassed,
    that is not a good approach. If we took the time to get to know
    the youngsters in our neighborhoods we wouldn’t be so frieghten when
    we crossed one anothers trial. People can tell when you are afraid of
    them or you perceive them as enemies !Again, I have addressed thousnads
    of youngsters and our attitudes is just as important as the issues
    we are addressing with the youth! If you approach like a bully you
    will be perceived as a bully and more than likely you will get a
    negative response !!! To thos who constantly critize me for not being
    where you think I aught to be,again I am not a police officer. If
    you need the police,call the police. If you need someone that loves
    to communicate with people and acknowledge their self worth and dignity,
    than you are welcome to invite me to address the group.

• Tina Marie
      May 26, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Blah..blah..blah…I’m loved by everyone…blah..blah..blah…let the kids do you what they want as long as they’re black-don’t say anything…blah, blah, blah…

• Abdul Majeed Askia
        May 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm

The golden rule,treat other people the way you want to be
        treated. It is true that sometimes even when you express or demonstrate love to those whom may have never experienced
        love my perceive it as a trick or being weak! Those who
        maybe didn’t grow up being embraced my pull away from being
        huged or shown affection. When you have experienced love
        you have more of a tendency to reachout in love. Those who
        may have had a bitter experience,abused,rejected,misused,
        neglected and had a cold experience seem to ignore the
        power or significance of treating a person like ahuman being!
        Love is more powerful than hate. Affection is more
        powerful than punishment. Understanding and patience is
        more powerful than rules. Yes,we have to balanced in our
        approach but I find it rather odd that many can’t see the
        value reason, meting aperson half way, seeking out avenues
        to address matters beyond force. No doubt law and order
        has its place. True,some people only respond to force
        but thats usually after they have had such a hard life
        thats all they understand. Generally speaking the human
        being responds to reason These thoughts are for people who
        think things through and are looking for constructive ways
        of addressing social issues.For those who know the power of
        education,reading and comprehension will appreciate knowledge
        that empowers you. However, for those who only understands
        clubs,guns and brutal force it may be hard to grasp
        methods that deal with mental,intellectual or spiritual means.

7. lucas
    May 26, 2012 at 7:54 am

So what happened to the question that someone asked you Mr. Abdul Majeed Askia prior to your mumble jumble, and here it is to refresh your memory.
    “Hey Abdul, go SPEAK to those 24 juvenile delinquents that Mr. Lynch has to deal with in his neighborhood on a daily basis. If you can talk them into changing their intimidating ways, then maybe you will begin to build some credibility. Until then, your run-on blog comments are getting really boring now!”
    Give a simple response are you going to go Yes or No.

• ..
      May 27, 2012 at 7:28 pm

You’re wasting your time. abdul never answers questions. He thinks this is “dialog”, when he speaks, but doesn’t listen or answer questions posed to him. He’s just a wind-bag who loves to hear himself talk, and doesn’t want to lift a finger to actually do anything productive. And above, he’s now admitted that he won’t actually go into the street to talk to any of these troubled youths. What the heck DOES he do?

• Abdul Majeed Askia
        May 27, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I am not a police officer ! I do not operate a task force
        nor do I work in any government law enforcement capacity.
        I speak when invited as well as I speak to youngstres and
        people ingeneral on a daily bases while walking,riding
        and traveling. Like Socrates, I share with people where
        I meet them,bus,plane or train !Again,prior to the several
        major car wrecks/injuries I made it my business to attend
        as many events and activites to make a positive diffrence
        at my own expense ! I have no intentions of roaming the
        streets looking for groups to speak to without being invited
        by the group or the neighborhood. I am not the ‘ Abdul ‘
        the fool I have been made out to be. Thats why I’ve
        survived thus far by the grace of God. My desire is to
        encourage the youngsters and adults alike to function in
        peace and have respect for life, for family and community,
        not to agitate or single them out as trouble makers
        I am not opposed to talking with anyone, even the so called
        most harden criminal !Anybody can listen or change if they
        choose to do so.I don’t put myself above people or take
        on a self righteous attitude.I think it was Jesus who said
        he came into the ‘world ‘ to save ‘sinners’!Not angels,sinners!
        I believe knowledge and insight can make a world of difference.

8. Abdul Majeed Askia
    May 26, 2012 at 6:13 am

I recalled once that a friend and I gave a social gathering (partyfor youngsters and about two hundred showed up ! They were very oderly
    and respectful. We treated them all with respect and allowed them to
    enjoy the music,dancing and general setting. However,somebody called
    the police ! When the police arrived they asked is there a problem
    going on here ? And I told them no,nevertheless we were told that
    everyone had to disburst. We disdn’t quite understand since there was
    no disturbance. Shortly thereafter the watch Lt. showed up and asked
    was there a problem I again expressed how peaceful everything had gone.
    The Lt.agreed and things went smoothly. But again,for some see that many youngsters gathering is a frieghtening experience. Remember there
    isn’t much going on out here in this desert for yougsters to do and
    let us keep in mind they seek avenues of outlet or express. I recall
    growing up how my mother told me a many times that my music was too
    loud and I couldn’t quite understand how she didn’t like the sound of
    the good music I was playing !!! It wasn’t the end of the world!!!

True,sometimes these parties become un-ruly and get out of hand but
    our approach to the matter can also agitate the situation. The way
    I would have approached the youngsters would have been from a total
    different angle. I wouldn’t have approached them as enemies, criminals
    and gang members. I would have approached them with the attitude
    that they were out to have a good time and could they just hold it
    down a little jus so the elders don’t be shaken up so much !!! Believe
    me, nine out of ten times if you approach them with dignity and
    respect they will comply and extend mutual respect. However, if we
    start out with the attitude who are these aliens that have invaded our
    communities the stage has been set for conflict. Again, problems
    do occur and the best approach has to be taken with caution but at
    least with the understanding that these are youngsters!Young folks
    get alittle wild sometimes! There are many more positive approaches
    to these matters but we have to focus and also remember when we were
    youngsters!!!Do you re-call any of the stupid things you did ? The
    majority of the younsters don’t listen to jazz and attend meditation seminars!!!National public speaker/

• S. Parker
      May 26, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Wow Abdul… I read through your rant, and for once, I somewhat agree with you. If the youngsters are approached with some dignity and respect they might comply. But they have to give a little respect to their elders as well.

It also depends on who is approaching the youngsters. You are likely to get a different response from the youngsters than me for instance. Even though we might be saying the exact same thing. That’s just how the world goes.

Any yes, I will continue to fear from my life around a pack of young street people. Blame it on the media, blame it on my bias, blame it on whoever… But a pack of youngsters in the streets at 3 a.m. will set off alarms for me every time. I would not be game enough to approach them asking them to do anything for fear of being robbed or much worse. But if YOU think you can handle it, I think many of us would like you to have at it.

El Dorado neighborhood “covers the area from Avenue J to Lancaster Boulevard and from Division Street to Challenger Way” according to the article.

Tonight, why don’t you cruise through that area until you spot the youngsters. Approach them with dignity and respect, ask them to knock it off, and let us know how it goes.

If we don’t hear from you on this board tomorrow, at least we know why…

9. Ray Ray
    May 26, 2012 at 5:42 am

Constructive ideas? What? I thought this is the job of Bozigian and Jonsen. Isn’t this part of what they’re paid to do? Come up with solutions? Aren’t they the experts?

I bet if either man, or their mother, lived in El Dorado, there would be no shortage of solutions or action.

10. chacha
    May 26, 2012 at 12:44 am

At least the man in the Hawaiian shirt showed up. Just because someone is wearing a suit or a uniform doesn’t mean they are going to help anyone. We don’t have problems in our neighborhood as serious as Eldorado does. We have called the police numerous times about the crowds of kids fighting after school, terrorizing residents, and blocking streets. The police do not come.
    Earlier this week, we had 2 boys light a fire in pine needles under a group of large pine trees, next to 2 houses. Luckily 2 fire trucks came and put it out before it spread up the trees and to the homes. It is frustrating to call the station 3 times and tell them what the kids are doing and they still let them get away.
    Why can’t police with radios, patrol that neighborhood on bikes with cars for backup if called on the radio? The bikes would enable the police to sneak up on these kids, or on the houses with the loud music. Otherwise, when the black and whites show up they all take off or turn the music down.
    Some officers are runners, why not let them run (in running clothes with radios) through that area? That would certainly draw out the trouble makes and they could make some arrests.
    Both of those suggestions could help solve some of the problems in that area.
    I’d be curious to know if some of those kids go to Lancaster High School and make their way home via my neighborhood.

• T-Bone
      May 26, 2012 at 7:48 am

Hey Chacha,

When you represent a Group and want to be taken serious in a public forum, you have to dress the part. This guy look’s and is dressed like he is thinking about the Laker’s Loss not the problems in the neighborhood.

Also anyone who has been in the AV long enough knows that there is little action from these meetings so why waste the time. (what did the get .3% of the people that live in that area) This is just a formality so they can tell the residents they did something. Unless they hire more Deputies they will continue to have to make a priority list and kids fighting in the street will be low on that list because you usually get no arrests. They scatter so on the books it look’s like the LASD is not productive. But the minute someone gets shot or stabbed, you will have 15 cops out there along with people saying they can’t believe it happened!

Been there, Done that, Never going to change. That is why people don’t show!

• chacha
        May 26, 2012 at 11:23 am

I agree that nothing will be done. It does seem that most of what comes out of those meetings is frustration. I don’t agree that the only answer is to hire more cops. Have you ever seen how many cops show up to a minor call about someone laying in the bushes? I have, and counted 7 black and white cars. Someone takes the call and everyone else follows them. Then, they stand around and talk for 15-20 minutes leaving any and all other calls unanswered because they are “on a call”, blocking the street to traffic in the meantime. The cops we have do not use the radios and probably don’t even remember the codes. I always wondered (when the City) was claiming such a reduction in crime, and no reduction in officers, why we couldn’t get any response. When asked, Captain Jonsen couldn’t even tell us what the non-response time was. He acted like I was speaking in a foreign language.
        Maybe Lancaster needs to stop contracting with LASD and start our own police department with officers living in our community. I’m sure there are plenty of officers who would welcome the transition.

• T-Bone
          May 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I agree they could be more productive with the number they have. Good point but I think that is most jobs. Between emergency calls, booking, reports, court, tickets, car accidents and all the other BS they have to deal with behind the scenes, there are not a lot of Deputies with idle time on there hands in the AV. They do reports in their car and eat in local businesses, in full view of the public, so at least they are a visable to deter the possible crime. Maybe they can do them around your neighborhood during the time school gets out, might ask…But I’m telling you, if Deputies are graded on Tickets and Arrests the High School kids pushing each other around or flipping adults off will be last on the priority list right above burgler alarms!

11. S. Parker
    May 25, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Sadly enough, it seems like the parents of the little thugs in training were not at the meeting. Those are the people who need to hear about the mayhem their kids are creating. I say punish the troublemakers AND their parents!!

12. Abdul Majeed Askia
    May 25, 2012 at 7:26 pm

We must think of solutions beyond jails,prisons and sweeps ! We
    don’t have to tell law enforcement to lock people up, they are
    going to do that regardless if they catch a person commiting a
    crime! We need to reachout a teach people discipline and self
    control, how to cope and put life into perspective! But nope,we
    would rather keep going around in circles ! Language has
    changed drastically in our society, the put downs,the vulgar
    speech, the hatred and anger and disregards or inderfernce for
    one another! It is clear we should all be against crime but we
    can’t shoot and jail our way out of this mess! It is going to
    take some changed attitudes over a period of time. Police are
    going to be police but what we citizens need to be is better
    citizens,better people! I been on the wrong side of the fence,
    as Clint Eastwood would say I know “the good,the bad and the
    ugly” of society> Now we need to collectively see if we are
    playing a negative or postive part in this endeavor. Again,you
    can’t build enough prisobs to offset mental issues! I present
    myself as a national public speaker becuase I am simply saying
    I want to address the nation,not because I am trying to play
    Mr. big stuff! Crime,violence and social decay is anational
    issue! Therefore, I am a national public speaker/servant !!!
    I have sinned,did wrong,messed up and failed and now I am
    daring to stand up and speak to the

• Facts
      May 25, 2012 at 7:58 pm

• ..
        May 25, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Right on, “Facts”! Abdul is all talk (self promoting), and no action (unless of course, the press is there to take his picture). Why would he go to actually talk to these people in the streets, when it’s easier for him to just pontificate on the forum from his easy chair. He condems churches, and most religions (“it’s the christians, jews, muslims that own all the liquor stores and night clubs”), then asks for people to “call me to address your center,church,mosque and/or conference”.

Hey Adbul, the little thugs aren’t in the churches, and neither are their parents. It’s time for you to take your crusade to the streets, and right to the source of the problems.

• Abdul Majeed Askia
          May 26, 2012 at 6:53 am

Friend if you do a little home work you will discover
          that I have spoken in many of the local schools here
          in the Antelope Valley ! This went on for well over a decade until cars out of the blue started trying to
          run me off of the road,raming me from the back and
          ultimately two head on collisions! Not to mention all
          the internal hell I was catching from hidden factors
          that was disturbed over the fact that I got along
          with all people!!! Yes, all the people,crossing racial
          and religious lines ! This disturbed some of the
          elements here in the valley because Mr. Billy Pricer
          of the United Community Action Net work did a study
          and said this area was the most centralized area of
          the KKK!!! At the same time that I was having a wondful
          time being invited to all these places I was catching as much hell as could imagine I just didn’t broadcaste it!
          There are thousands of good people here in the valley
          that aren’t racist but it only takes afew to target
          an out spoken guy like ‘Abdul Majeed Askia ‘ that
          doesn’t stay in his place! It was whites inviting me to
          these schools and colleges, we were not obsessed with
          color;however,there is a few that is!I am blessed to
          be alive! Hey,if the religious people don’t want to
          invite me I am cool with that. I don’t want to be just
          no good Negro that want make any waves and have to
          measure everything I say like a slave because I don’t
          want to make white folks or the establishment mad!!!
          I honestly I am open to all people. That is no big
          issue to me, but I am aware of some black folks sheepish
          attitude and I am aware there are some whites that think
          “how dare that negro say that!” I am of the attitude
          slavery is over and I refuse to live in fear and be
          all boggled up with a slave mentality in order to get
          along. Even white people should be tired of negros
          like that! Everybody will go to hell and fall off of
          a clift with that type of a relationship! Im all for
          one humanity but I would rather face hell and high
          water than live life some of these negros live just
          so I can drive a shinny car and the good white folks
          can say I am a good Negro! Again, I don’t care if my
          son marries a white person,a mexican or whoever he
          wants to marry I want loose any sleep over it! I have
          a healthy respect for myself and I see a great many beautiful African American women in all shades and
          colors. Im all for that.I just happen to know he
          world was taken down the wrong road on this color
          trip and now we have to face the reality!So if a church
          invites me that is black or white I am all for it but
          I am an independent thinker!!!! Think Think Think !!!
          National Public Speaker/email:abdulaskia@yahoo.

• Abdul Majeed Askia
        May 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I don’t go where I am not invited. I believe in change and
        I love to communicate with people, but I am no Martin LLuther
        King ! I am not going to force my way in nor am I into
        being beaten half the death, water hosed or dogs turned
        loose on me to make a point!Black,brown,red and white if you
        invite me I will come and do my best ! I like to go where I
        feel that I am welcomed. However, right about now even the
        middle eastern muslims are mad at me and throwing up road
        blocks because I have critized the monarchs for holding an
        entire nation in bondage in the name of Islam! I’ll be the
        first to admit I have never claimed to be Mr.Holy but for
        sure personal short-coimngs is no comparison to oppressing
        and holding an entire segment or group of women in captivity
        in the name of the Kings interpretation of religion! So
        the doors are closing and the pressure is picking up.
        Nevertheless I felt since I live in an open and free
        society maybe I could say something in behalf of those who
        can’t speak for themselves without standing the chance
        of being slaughtered ! We all know the kingdom is on standby
        to mow down any dissidents. In fact these folks literally
        believe in killing their citizens who march or protest!
        So for the those who are held captive under the threat of
        a gun the least I can do with the little faith I have is
        say something in behalf of the oppress. Again,I am open to
        being invited anywhere, I will speak to those in law and
        order and to those society considers wayward or lost but
        why should I show up where people are prepared to hrow bricks
        at me and my intent is to help ? Combined with this
        reality I am keenly aware of those who are trying to
        set me up,frame me, limit my actions and/or make it appear
        illegal for me to say “I am a national speaker!” Friend,
        anytime you gather with Muhammad Ali(the most famous man
        alive on earth)it is not only national,its international!!!
        I am not sleep walking, I see the snares and the haters who refuse to focus on the positive contributions I could make
        and many of those with similar backgrounds! I can’t force
        people to like me and I can’t force people to invite me,
        I can only offer my participation! I am all into encouraging
        myself and others for the better. However,I am very much
        aware of haters reading this blog trying to figure out how
        to trip me up,sad but its

• Facts
          May 25, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Abdul says: “I don’t go where I’m not invited.”

Well guess what? 99% of us would like to un-invite you from this blog.

• Abdul Majeed Askia
            May 25, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I am speaking into the future !For generations
            to come and so that my grand children can learn
            from the present day. Hate perpetuates hate !
            Evil only advances evil. Love conquers all !
            You can’t destroy hate with a bullet or kill a
            lie with a pistol. No no no ! Once the influence
            has reached others one has to address the
            mentality, the thinking capacity that took on
            this negative perception of life! My friend
            you do yourself a disservise by troubling your
            heart, mind and soul with negative thinking.
            It comes as no surprise that I would be hated,
            dispised and rejected by some. After all wasn’t
            Jesus initially rejected ? Wasn’t the great
            Martin Luther King whom we now celebrate
            hated and dispised ? I fel President Kenndy
            and his brothes were great civil and human right
            defenders but look what happened to those
            great servants. I realize you may take offence
            to the stand that Malcom X took but his example
            inspired many to take a stand. My method of
            fighting crime is to inspire, to motivate and
            encourage others to be better human beings !
            Since I have been to rock bottom one would think
            we would desire for someone like myself to
            talk to the people but for many they would
            rather depend on their automatic weapons and
            the police force and leave love,faith,mercy,
            justice and motivation out of the equation.
            Again, it comes as no surprise what evil will
            do but in the distant future evrything that
            is being written will speak into eternity !!!!
            Oh what a friend we have in Jesus ! Allahu Akbar!

• Tina Marie
            May 26, 2012 at 8:24 pm

You don’t live in the neighborhood so STFU!!!!!!

• Abdul Majeed Askia
        May 26, 2012 at 6:28 am

I am not a police officer !I am not a government official! I
        can’t just ride up into situations and start demanding nothing!
        If the community invites me to address and audience I would be
        more than pleased to do so ! My heart beat is awakening the
        consciousness to rise to the highest level of achievement,
        and being the best person you can be. I grew up watching
        and listening to a variety of music that elders took offence
        to hearing. I have found that to be the case with evry
        generation! Before I got this gray in my hair I thought I was
        the best on the dance floor and I loved loud music, I felt
        as though I could feel every beat and rythm of the song !
        Folks, wind the clock back a little and maybe you can better
        understand the loud music without expecting law enforcement
        to arrive like swat!

13. T-Bone
    May 25, 2012 at 4:50 pm

There are some Pissed Off looking people sitting on this stage! lol… They look like they are thinking…Damn, these people really think I can fix this mess!

14. JB
    May 25, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and tennis shoes sitting on a panel? Really?! Please tell me this man is NOT a city official…

• leon spinks
      May 31, 2012 at 8:55 am

LOL…I personally love the gigantic 70’s ‘fro on the woman on the right! Sweet!