AV probation sweep nets 26 arrests

During the DISARM operation, a male hispanic suspect was arrested in Palmdale for sales of mushrooms(psilocybin), ecstasy and possession of heroin. The suspect was on probation for possession of a controlled substance and possession of a firearm.

ANTELOPE VALLEY – A multi-agency law enforcement sweep of various locations – including Quartz Hill, Lancaster and Palmdale — resulted in 26 arrests for probation violations, drugs, weapons, and child endangerment.

The following is the press release from the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Bureau:

On Wednesday morning, May 23, 2012, a probation compliance sweep was conducted by the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Bureau within North Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department patrol areas of Lancaster, Palmdale and Santa Clarita in an effort to stem crime.

The operation resulted in the arrest of 26 persons for probation violations, weapons, child endangerment, immigration violations and various felony narcotics.

Approximately 150 law enforcement officers searched 96 locations.

Arrests for narcotics included “Possession for Sales” of Tar Heroin, Mushrooms, Ecstasy and Methamphetamine at various locations.

Personnel from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Bureau, the Los Angeles County Probation Departments Developing Increased Safety Through Arms Reduction Management (DISARM) Team [and] the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services’ Multi-Agency Response Team (MART) conducted a joint operation, with locations ranging from Littlerock, Newhall, Quartz Hill, Lancaster, Palmdale, Saugus, Canyon Country, Valencia and Santa Clarita searching for probationers who are not in compliance with their probation status.

Prior to the operation, the locations and individuals subject to search [were] identified by the Sheriff’s Department’s Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Bureau and Probation Department.

Sheriff’s Department COPS Bureau Captain Robert Tubbs said, “Operations such as this show what interagency cooperation can accomplish.  The probation and Sheriff’s Departments, along with Department of Children and Family Services’ MART team have done numerous operations of this type and all have been successful. These operations are important to ensure probationers are complying with the conditions of their early release from custody program. ”

Although this is not the first of these types of operations, Captain Tubbs said that because of the success of these operations it definitely will not be the last and other operations are in the planning stages.

The Los Angeles County Department of Family and Children Services’ MART was present for the operation to ensure that any children found to be in probationers homes were not at risk due to criminal activity in their homes and/or any other potentially neglectful or abusive situations.

In total, 8 investigations were opened for continued follow-up services.

Funding for the operation came from Supervisor Michael Antonovich, who funds several of these operations each year within the Fifth District of the County of Los Angeles.

17 comments for “AV probation sweep nets 26 arrests

1. abdul majeed askia/public speaker
    October 5, 2012 at 9:08 pm

lOOK at the chaos arond the world in our streets and particularly in the middle east! It should be crystal clear that words make and influence people. We allknow that no one should kill or harm anyone for calling you or I an ugly name but all people react differently ! There is no where in the holy Qur’an nor in the practise of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him ) that says ‘kill someone for slander and backbitting! There is no where in the Qur’an and practice of the bprophet that says give someone a life sentence for tearing pages out of the Qur’an.The idea is to follow the practice of the prophet and not our own personal rage,anger or out of control emotions! If I killed everyone that called me an ugly name and/or lied on me over the years it would be a trail of blood behind me ! I learned at an early age I could not clear the world of all the fools and stupied people of the world! It is insane to blow up the world on the comments of idiots!!! It was disgusting and out right horrible what was said about prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him ) and any rational person could see that anyone who talks like that is mentally ill. In fact muslim believe in all of the prophets ! Muslims do not like it when Jesus,abraham or any of the prophets are slandered but one is not suppose to go on a killing spree because a cursed person talks nasty.I have been called “Abdul the fool ” on this post and a lot of other ugly names,of course I didn’t apreciate it but I recognized it was the other person that had the mental problem !!! For years I have taught how words make and influence people as the bible and holy Qur’an so clearly points out as well as the indept teachings and writings of Imam Warithu Deen Muhammad the late leader of the American muslim community and son of the late leader of the nation of Islam the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. Imam Warith Deen Muhammad called upon his community to give up racial hatred, racial superiority and nationalistic teachings in favor of universal Islam, the practice of prophet muhammad and in recognition of our citizenship of these united states! The power of words! He turned an entire community around with sound words, sound reasoning, sound concepts and teachings! Abdul Majeed Askia/national public speaker/email:abdulaskia@yahoo.com/323-9459589/face book/abdulaskia@yahoo.com

2. otis criblecoblis
    May 29, 2012 at 5:47 am

Easy pickings for the cops…and perhaps most of all, good P.R. ;-)

3. Stinger
    May 26, 2012 at 9:03 am

Interesting tidbit on this, if you do the math… They searched 96 locations and arrested 26 people. Assuming that it was one arrest per location, that would mean that only 27% of these probationers were violating their probation (or, taken the other way, 73% that were following their probation requirements).

Not a very high percentage of violators for the expense of 150 law enforcement officers.

4. fyi
    May 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Saugus, Canyon Country, Newhall and Valencia are all known collectively as “Santa Clarita”.

5. Abdul Majeed Askia
    May 24, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I am presenting myself to all concerned parties regarding solutions
    to prison recidivism, senseless violence and the so called war on
    drugs. As we all now know ” Insanity, is doing the same thing over
    and over looking for different results! ” Sweep after sweep after
    sweep and the prison system and law enforcement and prison quards
    expand ! No end in sight ! Why ? Because just surface approaches are
    not address the heart of the matter ! We have become a drug culture
    in more ways than one ! The more people that are locked up for
    smoking marijuana the more seems to join the ranks in smoking it !
    The approach seems to be a merry-go-round method!!!Why are we so afraid
    in discussing various new age challenges ? All we seem to be doing is
    setting the stage living in a glass house patrol or control type
    situation. We can’t even scratch or say a word without somebody seeing
    or hearing it !!! The little guys (general public hasn’t quite
    caught on to this reality );therefore, it is realy heart breaking
    how people are loosing out on their growing years in this odd game
    we are playing.For those who want to get serious in dialogue or
    would like to address the issues this invitation is extended to
    all people in government and in the general society ! Be empowered
    with knowledge that breaks the cycle of incarceration !!!
    National dialogue.National message. abdulaskia@yahoo.com

• ed
      May 24, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Mr. Askia at the risk of being assaulted, denounced and insulted by your adversarys I agree with you. The constant banging on the door of probationer, parolees and others does result in some arrests or revocation of pardens. But doing the same thing does not solve the problem. We must think out of the box and approach this problem from another direction. The drug problem is getting worse. The attempt to legitimize pot has not worked. Maybe the return to rehabilitation could be attempted now that we have progressed. But we have to stop beating our head against the wall.

• Abdul Majeed Askia
        May 25, 2012 at 6:33 am

Thank you for serving in helping open up this dialogue.
        We all may or may not always agree but we can at least
        intelligently discuss the matters at hand as opposed
        to just just following along blindly in lockstep going
        around in circles!Thank you for daring to step out in
        the arena of thought!abdulaskia@yahoo.com

• otis criblecoblis
        May 29, 2012 at 5:51 am

Parolee Michelle Egberts has some thoughts on this…

6. Abdul Majeed Askia
    May 24, 2012 at 10:17 am

Look at all those task forces ! A blind man can see crime for the little
    guy is a lost cause ! I truly hate to see people caught up in an un-ending cycle of incarceration ! It is like locking up people for drinking beer
    that you purchase at any outlet! Crime only pays for the prison system !
    We are in a maze, a bubble, a circle ! The little man just can’t seem to
    catch on that we live in glasses houses these days ! I want to shut
    prisons down and the best way I know how to do that is not get caught-up
    in the game ! Yes, it is a game.I know you think I am kidding.All the
    stuff that we have learned to think of as being wrong is really a game
    being played on us! I recalled in my younger years there was this particular Mayor that wanted to legalize all drugs, immediately I thought
    this guy must be mad ! Not the case, he was on to something, he knew
    who owned and controlled all the drugs!!!! The government! Imagine
    this,would you believe that tons of dope come from foreign countries
    and most of those countries grow and traffic in drugs likes it is
    legal ? Why ? Becuase it is!!! Its a trap !!! Now you see why some folks
    don’t want an intelligent dialogue. All they want to do is chit chat
    and have none sense conversations because they don’t want you to get
    up on the game. The distraction is to attack me with nothing comments
    to take the focus off of empowering you with insight! I don’t smoke
    dope but it really isn’t that big of a deal. Its like Pastor Pat Robinson
    said ” it should be legalized ” ? Why, because millions are smoking it
    and the youth are smoking it as though it is a hobby !!! And yet the
    systems is violating and sending thousands to prison for smoking it!

The point being made here is there has to be a different approach to
    solving our social problems, otherwise ‘there is amethod to the madness’!

Now you see why those car crashes,mud slinging and all the stupidity
    is being thrown at me ? Three major car crashes, neck,back, knees
    to to stop me (us ) from having this dialogue!

National public speaker !!! Meaning , I am want to go national with
    this dialogue!!!! I am an american citizen and I don’t like seeing
    our youth waste away in prisons and caught up in senseless games !

National public speaker/speaking it into existence !!!!!!

• Palmdale_Steve
      May 24, 2012 at 7:17 pm

“O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful.”

Whoops, I know what a Jack Mormon is, now is there such a thing as Jack Muslim?

• Abdul Majeed Askia
        May 25, 2012 at 6:16 am

Friend, christians,Jews and muslims own most of the liquor
        stores and night clubs !!! In my younger years I was blind
        to the reality that surrounds me. I was blind but now I see,
        I was lost but now I am found and I was dead (mentally )
        but now I see!!! Fortunately we live in a new age but from
        america all the way to the middle east the monarchs and
        tyrrants have been opposite of the Bible and the Qur’an
        for centuries trafficing in human beings (slavery)monoply
        of weath and resources and exploitation at its highest
        heights! The moment one of these self righteous dictators
        (Paul points out,our righteousness is like flithy rages)
        try to single me out by telling them (the peddlers) to make
        liquor and drugs legal for everybody to decide to use
        or not to use so that we can reduce the size of prisons,
        I will clearly point out the crooks(self righteous )
        are those whom have become billionaires from transgressing
        against everything they told us not to do!!!!

I am along way from perfect but it is crystal clear somebody
        is playing a game on us ! Don’t smoke signs,but heres the
        smoke shop ! Everything we are told not to do is legal
        and yet the only one’s caught-up is the little fellow that
        doesn’t know the rules of the game, yes game !!! I went for
        the game in my younger years,like Paul in the bible (when
        I was a child I spoke as a child and I did childish things,
        but when I became a man I put away childish things)!!! You
        and nobody else is going to play that childish game on me
        while I am looking at muslims,chritians,Jews and evrybody
        else owning casino’s,liquor stores,night clubs, dope shacks
        and every type of do’s and don’ts dangling in the little
        peoples face while the fat cats flourish!!!! Game over! We
        need to change the rules!!!Legalize all the drugs and
        regardless of your religious beliefs you buy,sale or use
        it at your own discretion! Isn’t thats the way it is anyway?
        I don’t own nor sale any of the above, I am simply joining
        in on some brain storming to make it an even playing field
        for the everyday people. Game over! I am not going to play
        the holy game with the monarchs and oppressors who use
        religion to enslave,corral,connive,exploit and use as personal
        servants and slaves! Yes, I am a person of faith but I am
        also not your ‘Abdul the fool’you would like for me to be!
        I am daring to think outside of the box,out of the box and
        no box at all! Think Think Think Think ! How dare you quote
        a religious scripture and I am sure that ninty percent of
        the service outlets you pass by have all the transgrssions
        that you try to impose on me and I don’t own nor opperate
        any of them!!! Thats the way of the world. We need to stop
        expanding the salve(prison)system!abdulaskia@yahoo.com

• Palmdale_Steve
      May 24, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Got Hudud crimes?

• Abdul Majeed Askia
        May 25, 2012 at 6:30 am

Go and play your religious violations with the monarchs who
        deny women voting rights,civil and human rights! Go and play
        your ‘Huddud’game with the tyrrants who impose dynasties
        on their own people and hoard billions of the peoples wealth
        from iol fineries and wax fat at the peoples expense!Game over !
        Government of the people,for the people and by the people !
        The first president of these united states denouched dynasites,
        kings and so-called royalty. That is what the rebellion from
        England was all about ! Wasn’t it ? So go huddle up with
        your token tyrrants (who also don’t allow voting)and who use
        religion as get rich schemes over the masses.Game over!!!
        As americans we can have peace on earth and heaven while we
        live once we learn the art of living! I have an inner peace
        that surpasses most.People,lets brain storm,we must not be
        afraid to think,reason,analyze,compare,study and as they say
        in college do ‘critical thinking!’abdulaskia@yahoo.com
        enviornment by simply facing reality and figuring out how
        best to manage our affairs.

• Causal Observer
          May 25, 2012 at 11:54 am

You talk a great deal about the “monarch” in Saudi Arabia, the KKK and NeoNazis etc and human rights. but one hardly ever hears a peep from you about fascist/racist African dictators like Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe or the law in Uganda which would impose the death penalty on homosexual men and lesbians. I never hear a peep from you about the African custom of raping virgins to cure ones self of AIDS. Never hear a thing from you about how the black church in America is helping spread AIDS by its consistent homophobia. Never heard anything from you about the misogynist attitudes carried by many black men toward women and the high fatherless rate in your community. I never hear a word about how African American kids beat up Asian and Hispanic kids in schools across the country and form “flash mobs” to terrorize people in the inner cities.

I could be wrong but I sense that with you everyone is open to criticism EXCEPT the black/African population.

I think you have A LOT of work to do in your own community before you start criticizing others.

• Abdul Majeed Askia
            May 25, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Oh what a friend we have in Jesus !Allahu Akbar,
            God is the greatest! The,Jews tell us to make no
            graven images and love the lord thy God with all
            thy heart and love your neighbor as your self !
            Jesus said I am in the world but not of the
            world ! And prophet Muhammad said,he was like a
            traveler just passing through! I am calling the
            muslims,chritians and Jews to help put the
            prisons out of business by puting all of your
            positive efforts in reaching out to humanity
            and striving to make a difference beyond violence,
            punishment and people becoming permanent out-
            cast! Oh what a friend we have in Jesus ! Allah
            Akbar simply means God is the greatest ! THere
            is enough sin and blame to go around the
            world crossing ethnic and religious back-
            grounds. As is often pointed out with the slave
            trade Africans sole,stole and kidnapped Africans
            to sale to the white slave traders for a profit!
            There is enough abuse to sink the world among
            the entire human race !!!! The question is
            when are we going to collectively focus on the
            positive and make constructive efforts to
            bring about solutions ?

Blame is not a solution.We may identify what
            is the problem but we don’t want tp wallow in
            negativity! I am challenging all cocerned to
            open up a dialogue and not only talk about
            who done what but what are we going to do about
            besides loading up pistols and building more
            prisons! I am a zillion miles away from perfect
            but I think I have done pretty good with all
            the mud,flith and disgusting things said about
            me and yet I maintain focus! I have been
            subjected to every known sting you can imagine
            from drugs to sex stings and as you can see
            I am still in the mix. Yes,combined with a
            miracle and the fact that I am on a different
            path I want to share with you all what works
            if I can only get you off of this trip of
            trying to take me down! Why on earth can’t you
            call me to address your center,church,mosque
            and/or conference ? No, I am not a preacher
            nor a priest,pastor or saint,I am an ordinary
            person with a life experience and insight
            that I desire to share throuhout this country!

7. JD