Recipe: Orange Apple Pumpkin Bread with Chia & Flax Seed
- 1 ½ tsp chia seeds (balance blood sugar)
- 1 ½ tsp flax see (omega 3)
- 1 ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 egg beaten (cage-free, range-free)
- 1 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ½ cup honey (orange, raw)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (inflammation omega-3)
— PROCEDURE —
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl large
enough to hold all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl beat eggs together.
- Stir in unsweetened apple sauce.
- Stir in honey and orange juice.
- Mix in pumpkin sauce.
- Add orange orange zest and pure vanilla flavoring.
Servings: 25 Yield: 51
Serving size: 1/25 of a recipe (2 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.