Recipe: Creamy Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- 24 oz Mama Vega’s Salsa
- 15 oz Pumpkin
- 2 Baking potatoes
- 2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 8 3/4 cup Chicken broth
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
— Procedure: —
- In a large pot with moderate heat, melt butter in olive oil. Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Pour in chicken broth (homemade) and mix well.
- Add peeled diced potatoes and remaining spices. Cook stirring often until potatoes are tender. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove one half of the potatoes. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool slightly for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and Mama Vega’s Salsa into cooled potato broth mixture.
- Process in a blender a little at a time. Put blended mixture into another pot until the entire pot has been blended smooth.
- Stir in milk and heavy cream into the blended mixture.
- Add the cooled diced potatoes that were set aside.
- Simmer approximately 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Make sure to stir constantly to prevent lumps and sticking.
- Garnish with sour cream and a sprig of cilantro
Serving size: 1/32 of a recipe (8.3 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily
Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.